The wait has been long but at last i have my date!!!! :-)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by GSSR_Vvd, Apr 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well I had a very nice call from the AFCO before work this morning. Someone has dropped out which means there is a place for me. :whew:

The magical date is the 21st September :w00t:

I thought the day would never arrive that I could put this post up and I feel over the moon. A summer of fun the it's time to crack on with the hard work (yeah I know it's not like it used to be bla bla bla). Either way i'm happy and i'm gonna take all I can get!!!

Anyone else got the same start date? Be cool to hear from anyone who does. :thumright:

2. Well Done and good luck

3. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Excellent. Now get your arse down the pub to celebrate and get shitted. Then arrested, get a criminal record, then the Navy will turn you down... 8O

Only joking - well done, mate! :thumright:

4. Well the thought has crossed my mind but i dont think my careers advisor would be happy with that just because of the ammout of times i have phoned him in the last 18months asking if there is any news :thanks:

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...well invite him along for one too. It is POETS Day, after all... :wink:

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Re: The wait has been long but at last i have my date!!!! :-

Congratulations, good to see your patience finally rewarded.

7. I thought it was ANZAC day? :confused:

Well done. Don't forget to get a number 0 body shave before you join or you wont be able to share and mess with the lasses!

8. Well done mate. Remember; if it were that easy everyone would have joined...

9. Re: The wait has been long but at last i have my date!!!! :-

There has been a change and i am now joining up on the 14th September!!!! :w00t:

Only 65 days to go. Is there anyone else on here joining the same day as me? PM me if you are.

10. I wish. Good luck mate.

11. Re: The wait has been long but at last i have my date!!!! :-

Why has it took so long for your enlistment to come through? What trade you going for?

I have my PJFT tomorrow at 10.30am, everything else is passed, medical took a bit of time with a history of asthma but done a peak flow test for a month and was cleared. Security clearence is sorted just the run now.

After that the CPO can bid for a place in sept. I'd join tomorrow if there was a spot. Can't wait.

12. Re: The wait has been long but at last i have my date!!!! :-

It has been a long wait because of the branch i want to join. I knew it'd be long because i was told so when i applied. The MA's list is one of the longest i'm told. I dont mind because i know i'm going into a branch that i want to join and not one that has a short wait which would result in me not enjoying myself as much.

13. Re: The wait has been long but at last i have my date!!!! :-

Well done GSSR! good luck at Raleigh, enjoy yourself :thumright: Also, good luck to you AET with your PJFT

All the best
    MrH1992

14. done my run time this morning in 10.38.

going to ring the AFCO now to see about a start date.

15. Re: The wait has been long but at last i have my date!!!! :-

How old are you mate?

16. im 22

spoke to the CPO, he said im looking at 5th Oct for Raleigh, but that ould change, everything should be confirmed before tomorrow PM.

He also mentioned that I have to go to the office around a month before to go through a presentation and to pick up my travel warrant. What exaclty happens during this meeting?

17. wait and find out its a surprise why spoil it

18. might see ya down there I off 5th of October as well