Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 'Two Trees' and the 'Cascade Club'

Any locals know if either of these places are still open? Two Trees was in Union St, can't remember about the Cascade. I spent to much money and far to much time in them in the 70's. Also remember a club in the Barbican called 'Ronnie's' they used to give you two slices of mothers pride bread with marge on it to overcome some drinking/eating law. Happy days.

First time I came to Plymouth down Union St I was just passsing the Two Trees as someone was leaving,via the front window!
Brill pub!

Chat_Noir

Badgeman
Well mate the 2 Trees is still there, I was in it 2 weeks ago, total crap these days, just as well as I was totally crappers.

He ain't lying ^^ Its a waste of time these days, like the rest of the strasse in my opinion. Too many chavs about :(

Cheers lads, nice to know it's still going. The whole of Union St used to be a like a military zone and a good laugh. Shame it's going down the pan like the rest of the Country. You could go into the Two trees any day any time and always find a mate.

We used to use the Bulls Head around the back of the Two Trees,is that still going? Went in there years ago on holiday,had a new landlord but still covered in old boats photos.

Two Trees in Plymouth, closing doors after last orders this evening, Sunday 26th Nov. End of an era. Facing fines over playing music, so shutting up shop for good.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Mate. This thread is 10 years old. The OP has been reduced to a simpleton with a penchant for mashed banana. Thanks for the info though.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Blackers, as it 'appens (Jimmy S noises off stage) the post from PK is correct - there is news on Naval Faecesboak pages. Seems the licensing plods have taken a dislike to the place - can't imagine why........!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
I was down in Guz in August and thought the place was closed then, hardly any lights on and generally run down. Nothing like the 1960's when it was always packed.

SaladDodger

Lantern Swinger
I've not been back since 2011 but happy memories of a few Guzz pubs, Keyham Vaults was a dump but very handy to start in, Prince Regent and Trader Jacks I remember. I took the attached a few years ago, some were already closed, the rest were on their arse, sad demise of the once great British boozer
DSC01530.jpg DSC01552.jpg DSC01553.jpg DSC01584.jpg DSC01585.jpg DSC01664.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS 800,000 trees set to be planted as Green Recovery Challenge Fund projects announced MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 134,000 trees to be planted through Urban Tree Challenge Fund MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Temporary closure of A345 to remove diseased trees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free trees for angling clubs in Cambridgeshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Successful bid for funds to plant thousands of trees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Strict new controls to protect the UK’s trees and plants against damaging threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 528 trees planted along a Suffolk River MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Thousands of trees to be planted in England's towns and cities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Protecting the future of ash trees on Salisbury Plain MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Trees planted grown from seeds that went into space MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Charity Commission opens inquiry into Under Trees School MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reassurance to land managers to plant trees now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 4 November 2019 - Woodland Carbon Guarantee launches and reassurance given for planting trees now MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Hundreds of trees planted in a pilot to help reduce flood risk MoD News 0
MoD_RSS eAlert: 22 August 2019 - Managing ash trees affected by ash dieback MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Disease-tolerant trees to be planted in UK’s 'ash tree archive' MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Enormous trees reinforce climate change message at Chelsea MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Government delivers new £10m fund to plant over 130,000 urban trees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Need to fell some trees? Branch out and try Felling Licence Online MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Communities to have greater say in protecting local trees MoD News 0
babystew onions &xmas trees Miscellaneous 0
sgtpepperband Trees Photographed in Infrared Hobbies & The Great Indoors 11
Seaweed Exercise Cascade, March 1956 The Fleet Air Arm 8
E Nuffield Club Portsmouth History 11
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary visits north Wales football club following lottery support MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Marylebone Cricket Club Tour - A Sign of Enduring UK-Pak Dosti MoD News 0
MoD_RSS FIFA Club World Cup Qatar 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Demonstration road gifted to rugby club for car parking MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Layezy Racing Owners Club: information for creditors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Layezy Racing Owners Club: information for creditors MoD News 0
soleil Southwick Park Golf Club - RN Grass Roots Golf Membership Sports and Adventure Training 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Portsmouth Naval Gliding Club at risk of closing Hobbies & The Great Indoors 2
M Mess dress onesies club Hobbies & The Great Indoors 15
slim The Zimmerframe Club A place for Old Farts to whinge Diamond Lil's 9
M military fitness club Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
soleil Pompey News: "Weary Portsmouth Sailors Found Peace And Tombola In China Fleet Club" Bases / Shore Est 9
Seaweed BZ two club swingers. Current Affairs 6
Good CO HoundsForHeroes - Staverton Gold Club This Weekend Charity 0
BFRS BFRS Career Fair – London @ The Victory Services Club, 17th October 2013 The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
soleil Union Jack Club - Army v Navy Rugby 2013 - April 27th 2013 Sports and Adventure Training 1
Ageing_Gracefully Winners - THE KNACKERED MOTHER'S WINE CLUB Competitions 2
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Gash Tats Club Diamond Lil's 19
P The Goldfish Club 70th Anniversary reunion weekend Social & Reunions 11
2 The Granny Club The Quarterdeck 10
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: General Manager (Gliding Club Society) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
T Maritme Reserve Forces Golf Champs - Friday 27 Apr 12 - The Bristol Golf Club Hobbies & The Great Indoors 0
T Maritme Reserve Forces Golf Champs - Friday 27 Apr 12 - The Bristol Golf Club Social & Reunions 1
soleil Pompey News: "Recollections Of Club’s Sticky Carpet And Its Plastic Tree" Bases / Shore Est 1
trelawney126 The Playboy Club The Gash Barge 0