The 'Two Trees' and the 'Cascade Club'

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by ex-ex, Apr 30, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any locals know if either of these places are still open? Two Trees was in Union St, can't remember about the Cascade. I spent to much money and far to much time in them in the 70's. Also remember a club in the Barbican called 'Ronnie's' they used to give you two slices of mothers pride bread with marge on it to overcome some drinking/eating law. Happy days.

2. First time I came to Plymouth down Union St I was just passsing the Two Trees as someone was leaving,via the front window!
    Brill pub!

3. Well mate the 2 Trees is still there, I was in it 2 weeks ago, total crap these days, just as well as I was totally crappers.

4. He ain't lying ^^ Its a waste of time these days, like the rest of the strasse in my opinion. Too many chavs about :(

5. Cheers lads, nice to know it's still going. The whole of Union St used to be a like a military zone and a good laugh. Shame it's going down the pan like the rest of the Country. You could go into the Two trees any day any time and always find a mate.

6. We used to use the Bulls Head around the back of the Two Trees,is that still going? Went in there years ago on holiday,had a new landlord but still covered in old boats photos.