Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tories are still at it.

finknottle

Banned
After giving it large about our massive success in the Olympic Games it has been revealed that the Tories are still continuing with Thatcher's ideology of selling off our school playing fields, it's a bloody disgrace.

Extract from the Telegraph and link to full story.

Michael Gove has ignored the opposition of the School Playing Fields Advisory Panel to approve sell-offs five times in the past 15 months, documents show. It has also emerged that the number of sales given the go-ahead by Mr Gove is far higher than the amount admitted by the Coalition this month.

Mr Gove apologised for publishing the wrong figures, saying he had been given incorrect information by his officials.

No shit Gove!

LINK

trelawney126

War Hero
Pity they didn't sell off the playing fields at Ganges, would have saved me an enormous amount of time ironing the gym shoes and blancoing the sports top

I'm pretty sure Labour have been doing exactly the same tthing as well.

I guess the upside is that the Tories have held their hands up and admitted it. When was the last time you saw a Labour politician doing the same thing? Oh wait, it's never happened.

Sharkey

Banned
Didnt the, every one is the same except for me party, scrap sports just in case someone lost and was damaged for life, ergo no need for playing fields.

finknottle

Banned
Quite near Readymoney beach Fowey.used to be the home of the Rashleigh family. Next question

Who the feck are the Rashleigh family, you name dropper and has that place near Readymoney beach Fowey also been relieved? Has there playing field been sold off as well, if not your comments have SFA to do with the topic?

trelawney126

War Hero
Who the feck are the Rashleigh family, you name dropper and has that place near Readymoney beach Fowey also been relieved? Has there playing field been sold off as well, if not your comments have SFA to do with the topic?
Finks I would dearly love to give you a battle of wits, if I thought that you were armed. However the Rashleigh Family built Alms houses Circa 1500's. Also built a school which did have a playing field. more can be found by the Google and searching Fowey history. The playing field, is still a playing field

1912. He was a member of the Rashleigh branch founded by Philip Rashleigh who moved to Cornwall in the early 16C and purchased property at Menabilly and Combe near Fowey in Cornwall. The results of E W Rashleigh’s work have been deposited in the Cornwall Record Office and are catalogued under the general reference RS/--. He drew up a tree using the information in the article by Marshall and it is included here. (Tree 1)

finknottle

Banned
"The Labour government between 1997 and 2010 sold off 226 fields."

Pretty damn sure.

Thanks for that MLP, not that we needed proof that one lot of bastards are as bad as the other lot of bastards and it is still outrageous. I don't expect the playing fields of Etonian will be sold off to some developer. At least in the land of oatcakes and whisky it's not a problem, as, we have plenty undeveloped land.

Having said that, did you choose your words carefully when you wrote sold off 226 fields and not school playing fields?

Last edited:
G

guestm

Thanks for that MLP, not that we needed proof that one lot of bastards are as bad as the other lot of bastards and it is still outrageous. I don't expect the playing fields of Etonian will be sold off to some developer. At least in the land of oatcakes and whisky it's not a problem, as, we have plenty undeveloped land.

Having said that, did you choose your words carefully when you wrote sold off 226 fields and not school playing fields?

Not my choice of words, copied and pasted from The Independent.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
finknottle Tories;don't you just love them! The Gash Barge 57
finknottle The Tories commence asset stripping Current Affairs 50
P Tories good for the Navy Submariners 9
soleil "Navy Carriers: We Want Two Or No Votes For You, Tories" Current Affairs 11
wet_blobby Tories to re-open Dr Kelly enquiry. Current Affairs 11
Bad CO Your Questions Answered by the Tories Current Affairs 2
Hitback 8 million tenents at risk under tories plan The Gash Barge 37
trelawney126 Tories A List Candidate & The Extra Marital Affair Diamond Lil's 3
soleil Defence budget faces being slashed by Labour + Tories Submariners 1
K Tories on Health Current Affairs 11
Oil_Slick 'Tories to defend Bliars legacy' Current Affairs 10
slim Tories propose school selection by race Diamond Lil's 10
A Tories call for new nuclear subs Current Affairs 47
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd: Still leading the conversation on the international stage MoD News 0
Sumo IRA still being track by secret squirrels Current Affairs 2
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS The Secretary of State has appointed Kate Still as the Scotland Chair of the National Lottery Community Fund. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS An inclusive political solution in Libya is still greatly needed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progress is still needed if a political settlement is to be reached in Syria MoD News 0
M Holiday booked will I still be able to go if I start my navy application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
P Still be able to join? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
J Can i still join the navy with this conviction? Joining the Royal Navy 6
C Still serving? The Quarterdeck 7
O sprog to the Forum - Doe we still get our pensions at 55 ? Finance & Pensions 7
MoD_RSS Press release: Record number of schoolgirls make digital waves but women still under-represented in the cyber security sector MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Report 02/2019: Self-detrainment of passengers onto lines that were still open to traffic and electrically live at Lewisham MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Alok Sharma: 'There is still an urgency for us to act' on women’s economic independence MoD News 0
A Still waiting for start date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
yicker This thing is still a thing then? Diamond Lil's 19
onions Wasp still flying? The Fleet Air Arm 2
D Is HMS Bristol still in commission? The Fleet 4
Stirlin Jeff Beck : Still on the run. Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 1
TheMau5e Failed FATs... Can i still take AIB? The Fleet Air Arm 17
T Is it still possible to do a WE PWO hybrid? The Fleet 5
P 'Top Gun' Royal Navy pilot who took on Taliban while fyling upside down still waiting to bring Ameri The Fleet Air Arm 24
Jack-The-Lad HMS GANGES - Still serving Bases / Shore Est 15
Joint_Force_Harrier Still Bitter & Twisted Diamond Lil's 29
effitilljointhenavy Aircrewman - FAT's still required? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
N Failed my RT but still got enough points for WE CIS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Guns RAF WWII bombs - the gifts that still give. Current Affairs 4
A RN Still short of Engineers? Ahem! The Quarterdeck 45
B still possible? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
D Can skimmers still drink at sea? The Fleet 82
soleil Telegraph: "The Royal Navy Can Still Be Fighting Fit Despite BAE Job Losses" Current Affairs 28
SONAR-BENDER Is KP still in business......... Diamond Lil's 4
H Is there somewhere I can still watch Officers and Gentlemen? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
soleil Telegraph: "Lethal Relics From WW1 Are Still Emerging" History 7
soleil Shepard: "IMDEX 2013: Royal Navy Argues It Is Still Relevant" The Fleet 1
D If an application for officer has failed, can you still pursue a career as a rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Speech: Burma making significant strides towards reform but challenges still remain MoD News 0