Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The thread of random good ideas. (Or make Rumrat rich thread)

Rumrat

War Hero
did that keep you out of trouble for the whole 16 weeks?
You must have been a bad ass as I struggled to even get to the table? (no court or evidence found)
HMS Cambridge was a bit of a wobble.
What was you doing at Cambridge stoking the central heating?
I did my basic training there as a gunner and a couple of PCT's
We had a L/S there called topsy Turner. Boy did that poor so and so take some sh1te from us when he was duty and had to sleep in the block. It put me off wanting my rate.
I was never trouped for any offences onboard except when the PO caterer tried to do me for Absent from place of duty when I was gunners yeo and doing the webbing for the shore patrol as per daily orders.
I'd been put on stores party by mistake and he hated me.
I failed to hear the pipe for rounds one night when he was duty po.
He came in the dining mess and we were waiting for the movie to start. There was flying stations going on and the dining room was under the flight deck. I had flip flops on and had my feet on the table.
When I realised it was rounds, before I could stand he said "Do you put your feet on the table at home"?
I told him no and we didn't have helicopters landing on the roof either.
Even the duty hocifer laughed and he had a real sad on with me ever after.
I even refused the Tanky job because I dare not work under him. Sad times.:(

Sumo

War Hero
I was at Cambridge 77-79 as ships company , as a WE (Pinky) Ops rooms, comms and Radar, and lots of Scrumpy.

Rumrat

War Hero
I was at Cambridge 77-79 as ships company , as a WE (Pinky) Ops rooms, comms and Radar, and lots of Scrumpy.
One night there our favorite hooky turns us all out in full kit with belts gaiters studded boots the lot and with them tin hats they had in ships.
Falls us in and double marches us towards the gate which as you know is unattended as it was an open camp.
When we are out of earshot the word goes around the ranks to pretend we cant hear him when he shouts his next order. As we approached the gate he bellows about turn.
We don't.
The noise is horrific and its about 2 in the morning.
As we doubled through Wembery hamlet (no longer a sleepy hamlet) there's lights coming on all over the place.
Topsy finally catches up half way to Gus and he's on a pussers red devil.
We were knackered the next day, but when the complaints started pouring in he never again suggested a moonlight stroll through suburbia.

Dusty70

War Hero
I was in Cambridge 88 on NI training - 'fighting' in full kit up and down those bloody steep slopes - I have never been so completely knackered (or fit) in my entire life

I was in Plymstock MQs then so at least I got to go home unless we were on night ambush/dicking

Alfacharlie

War Hero
I was in Cambridge 88 on NI training - 'fighting' in full kit up and down those bloody steep slopes - I have never been so completely knackered (or fit) in my entire life

I was in Plymstock MQs then so at least I got to go home unless we were on night ambush/dicking
‘96 I was there and all I remember was ‘cardiac’ hill! Horrible place, full of shouty types.

Chris P

Lantern Swinger
I only made the dizzy heights of ‘crowned’ killick before departing.
And, I achieved that rank twice too! I love a run ashore.

WTF 's a crowned killick, (OOW crowned you with his telescope coming back onboard pissed and squaring up to him?). I was a four years undetected crime killick when I departed too..

Alfacharlie

War Hero
WTF 's a crowned killick, (OOW crowned you with his telescope coming back onboard pissed and squaring up to him?). I was a four years undetected crime killick when I departed too..
Was passed for PO etc. Completed POLC, passed board, blah blah, but never was placed on signal. So, after 12 years, I fooked off still a killick.

Being of the fraternity of stokie boys, advancement was quite swift compared sandscratchers etc.....and lots of sea time.
That was circa 60/75. After that don't know as I went outside.
Opinion was that wafu's should not have proper sailor suits as so many never went to sea.....:) :)

Incoming.....:)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skyvet The random thread of NO bollocks! Diamond Lil's 0
N The Random Thread of Mingingness Diamond Lil's 126
BillyNoMates The random thread of fluffiness Diamond Lil's 208
Blackrat The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW) Diamond Lil's 17203
MoD_RSS From Arab headdresses to the aerospace industry, the thread of history links us to the Middle East MoD News 0
D Close thread Diamond Lil's 53
F THANK YOU THREAD NOW CLOSED Miscellaneous 42
MoD_RSS Response to FT article and Twitter thread by Peter Foster MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The Lock-Down thread 2020. Diamond Lil's 563
C follow up to parents thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 11
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp Thread Merge Request Site Issues 2
MoD_RSS Press release: Strengthening prisoners’ family ties: the ‘golden thread’ to reducing reoffending MoD News 0
BillyNoMates The P.S.O.F. thread. Diamond Lil's 12
BillyNoMates The 2018 thread of Resolutions Diamond Lil's 69
K Please Delete...Pointless Thread Now :) Joining the Royal Navy 31
C Walt Thread Petitions 45
SONAR-BENDER The 2017 Chrimbo thread Diamond Lil's 322
Stirlin Good News Thread. Diamond Lil's 11
janner Stirlins thread for when He comes back. Diamond Lil's 59
Bad CO Joining Up - A Thread For Parents/Guardians Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 605
woody28 Psychometric- yet another thread Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
HHH You Can Edit Your Thread Title Site Issues 0
BillyNoMates The Christmas 2016 Thread. Diamond Lil's 148
BillyNoMates Strange people creating accounts (amended thread title) Miscellaneous 18
Yetiboy48 Wrong thread Blue Jokes 8
GreedoTheFerret Yet another clearance diver thread... Sorry Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
mikh Disappeared thread Site Issues 35
A Norman - cumgargling mongtard thread-split. Diamond Lil's 39
F Probably my last ever thread Diamond Lil's 60
P Scottish thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
W GYH(T) Thread UPO 1
Ninja_Stoker The "your name here" thread Diamond Lil's 205
SONAR-BENDER The crap journalism thread. Diamond Lil's 12
BillyNoMates RR Members phot thread (Only pics you've taken yourself) Diamond Lil's 1465
soleil Who cooked all the pies? (moved thread) Competitions 14
4 Asthma thread again Health & Fitness 3
Ships_Cat Plot spoilers thread... Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 92
P Bounty Thread Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 0
BillyNoMates Walt yourself. (The Thread Of Lies) Diamond Lil's 37
Blackrat The DQ's Thread The Gash Barge 3
S Tattoo Policy, so good they ask it twice (merged thread) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
BillyNoMates The Gash barge Thread of interesting whatever. The Gash Barge 0
finknottle Crayoning in the 'In Memoriam' thread The Quarterdeck 5
Vrumm Trouble adding new thread Site Issues 2
L Another RFA joining thread. RFA 2
G NSN's - Is there a thread dedicated to these? Current Affairs 15
Guns New Sea Ceptor missile thread from ARRSE The Fleet 1
R Officer Training Consolidation Thread. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
N Stealth Photo Thread Diamond Lil's 21
2_deck_dash Where's the latest tard baiting thread? Diamond Lil's 7