The temple of the almighty AIB soup

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
Please move this to where most appropriate.

Personally I have to say that the soup at AIB is fantastic. All should bow and praise the almighty soup!

From the French Onion soup to the Stilton & Broccoli ("Cheese taste and cool green stuff").

The soup is really great, all praise the amazing soup.

Please discuss how the soup has effected your life below.

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
I already barged it, to save the mods some work! Hopefully this doesn't bring back too many memories, but it is the first thread I read on Navy Net, so I wanted to pay homage to it.

Unlike the other guy, I won't keep you in the dark; I did fail. Still awaiting the full report to find out why.

I already barged it, to save the mods some work! Hopefully this doesn't bring back too many memories, but it is the first thread I read on Navy Net, so I wanted to pay homage to it.

Unlike the other guy, I won't keep you in the dark; I did fail. Still awaiting the full report to find out why.
oops; that was careless.

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
The nice officer said it was mostly because I'm too quiet and didn't say enough, but whenever the AFCO gets the full report I can really find out why.

For the record, the "other AIB failure guy" was another Wannabee who failed his AIB in 2011, back in the day when the Soup Temple was merely a modest Church:

https://www.navy-net.co.uk/community/threads/the-church-of-the-almighty-aib-soup.61584/

Soup spoons at short trail - Slurp away !!

Sumo

War Hero
Obviously you need to learn to gob off more.
Once you have the full detail you will know if it is something to work on and try again, or become a rating, gain experience and work your way to officer from the ranks.

WannabeAdmiral

Lantern Swinger
I expected to fail after the PLT, because I realised I was too quiet - so it wasn't a shock to hear it failed.

The officer said that this doesn't count as one of my 3 tries, probably because I'm under 18. He also encouraged me to come back in a few years once I'm more confident.

I'll probably do your second suggestion, Sumo; when I go to the AFCO, I'll see about becoming an engineer rating and a few years experience of that should be enough to help me pass AIB next time.

Yeah, I read a bit about that a while ago. 40% of engineering officers started as ratings, but that doesn't mean 40% of engineering ratings become officers. I should be able to make it, though - just the experience as a rating will massively help boost my confidence and get me there.

Yeah, I read a bit about that a while ago. 40% of engineering officers started as ratings, but that doesn't mean 40% of engineering ratings become officers. I should be able to make it, though - just the experience as a rating will massively help boost my confidence and get me there.
So, new log in name then? How about 'WannabeChief' ;)

It's probably for the best I don't make it to the wardroom, I hold spoons like I would a shovel, whereas it seems proper etiquette is to hold it like a shovel.

Seadog

War Hero
Still awaiting the full report to find out why.
I've posted this before; a too frequent critique of an AIB essay goes like this:

Poor spelling, poor sentence construction, poor grammar, poor punctuation, immature and did not answer the question.

Usually found in the 'fail' pile.

"Immature" may be significant here.