The Sun: "Deep Trouble"

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Aug 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Stay under water for 25 years? Good old journos.

2. And the anchor broke down??

3. [​IMG]

Maybe this is what the Sun should write about next? :D

4. That happend to us 8O

5. Thats f*ck all........

I was part of the cable party on a smally ship in Hong Kong many moons ago. We'd finished boardings for the night and were heading into anchor and get our fat ones down. It was pitch black with the only lights visible the nav lights, a couple of cigarettes and a red pussers right angle in the PO greenies mit. All of a sudden the darkness was rent asunder with the sound of someone yelling 'LET GO!' from the direction of the bridge wing...Feck! We'd obviously managed to miss all the previous orders and hadn't prepped the cable in any way. Oh well, in a few nano seconds the mousing was off, the gert big hammer was swung and the anchor was snaking its way into the China Sea. Only problem was we were doing 12 knots and the gunnery officer had shouted 'BELOW!' .....

Thats what happens when the dabbering is done by and RO, a greeenie and a chinese stoker........ can't remember what the outcome was but as it was all fun in the sun in Honky Fid, and the old man was one of the finest, nobody got in the sh*t. Health and safety? what a load of ballacks!

6. Fer gawds sake its hardly a major disaster is it? We broke down three times a bloody week on the Otter hardly ever in fact never ever saw a headline in any paper which said.
    Jinked O boat HMS Otter's port donked tits up again!
    It happens get over it and anyway the boats doing trials isn't this the time when these sort of problems are sorted and resolved?
    Come on Sun get back to reporting what you are good at Naomi Campells bonking feast for diamonds!

7. What shit - isn't that what 'trials' are all about, testing the gear.

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Not even andrex could recycle that rag, its already soiled. :roll:

9. The cew or the "problems"?

Thank big G that these idiots weren't writing "stuff" when the Air Force's "V" Force was being tested for release.

witsend summed it up nicely.

10. Another gem from 'the paper that supports our boys' (pass me the sick bag Alice). Long live The Stun...living proof that imaginitive writing still exists on planet Earth.
    I too would rather make up stories than actually go to the back end of the planet to find out and report on the true facts.

11. i know a few anchors

12. Any excuse to wheel this one out again: