The Submariner

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by SONAR-BENDER, Jul 9, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This may have been done before, but I was sent it today and thought I would share it with the rest of the great unwashed! Enjoy.

A Submariner is not born; he is made out of leftovers! God built the world and the animals and then recycled the gash to create this dastardly weapon.

He took the leftover roar of the lion, the howl of the hyena, the clumsiness of the ox, the stubbornness of the mule, the slyness of the fox, the wildness of the bull and the pride of a peacock - then added the filthy evil mind of the devil to satisfy his weird sense of humour.

A Submariner evolved into a crude combination of John Dillinger, Errol Flynn, Beau Brummel and Valentino - a swashbuckling - beer-swilling - lovemaking - LIAR!

A Submariner likes girls, rum, beer, fights, uckers, runs ashore, pubs, jokes, long leave, his mates and his ticket.

He hates officers, rounds, divisions, saluting middies, naval police, painting the side, jaunties, navy scran, his turn in the barrel and signing on!

A Submariner comes in four colours; white, off white, dirty and filthy - all looking alike under a tan and a uniform.

He is brave drinking beer, abusive playing crib, brutal defending his pride and passionate making love.

He can start a brawl, create a disaster, offend the law, piss off a skimmer, and make you lose your money, your temper and your mind!

He can take your sister, your mother, your aunt, and when he is caught get his captain to vouch for his integrity.

A Submariner is loved by all mothers, sisters, aunts and nieces; hated by all fathers, brothers, uncles and nephews.

He has a girl in every port and a port in every girl. He breaks more hearts, causes more fights and begets more bastards than any other man, yet when he is off to sea he is missed more than any other!

A Submariner is a mean, hard drinking, fast running, mealy mouthed son-of-a-bitch, but when you are in strife he is a strong shoulder to lean on, a pillar of wisdom, and a defender of the faith and cause.

He fights for his mate, and dies for his country, without question or hesitation!

This is a Submariner!

Anon.

• Excellent Topic Excellent Topic x 1
  2. Gawds sake Dave go back to sleep!

3. Can any one help, I'm just about to finish phase 2 training and will be off to submariner training soon! I'm just after some honest info about when your boat is along side! Not sure if I want to move the mrs and kids again yet and no one seems to be able to tell me if it's feasible for me to travil back down south when home!! Any opinions welcome!

4. The feasibility depends on how far south you are going to travel and how deep you pockets are to pay for tickets. I live just south of Birmingham and when I travelled from Faslane on Friday at Midday and all the trains ran to time I could be home for mid evening. Travelling back had to be started by mid afternoon Sunday to get back to Fassers on the last train to Helensburgh.

5. Used to leave Faslane with at least two of us and drive to Guzz, leave at midnight on Sunday's back in time for breakfast every weekend er could get away, best if we could leave lunch time on Thursday's do able but knackering.

6. Ok thanks for that, just wasn't sure of what duties and stuff was expected of you when your not at sea! Spose nothing can be planned especially as I haven't even been given a boat yet! I'd prob just look to travil back 1 weekend a month, surely when you get back from deployment there is leave to take aswell! Cheers guys!

7. Leave and weekends yes, all you have to do at weekends is cover your duties, not required in area then weekend off

8. Cool, thanks for your help! All I need now is to be allowed onto a boat then lol, dying to see what it's like!!!

9. Care full what you wish for

10. Haha yeh fair one, your not the only one to say that! Lol