The Special Flying Award - Powered Flight

Hi this is my first post on here but have been looking around on the site for a few weeks now.
I have been accepted on the special flying award - powered flight with 727 nas, which starts on the 8th sept 08:
i was just wondering if anyone has been on the sfa and has any advice, or if anyone is actually on the same course.

cheers

Thats ok i hadnt until recently, i think its to encourage people to join up as aircrew, which is what im thinking of doing!!!! Depending on the weather, its 10 hours worth of flying in a grob and visits to different NAS's and such!!!

I have done this course, it's brilliant. 2 weeks of flying, tours round Yeovilton and getting pissed up. I got about 12hrs in the end. You will cover the basics, plus some areos, formation and instrument flying. It will stand you in a good position for future recruitment, I am about to start IOT with the RAF as a pilot - happy days!

Well, it was satirical comment on RNAS Yeovilton and RNAS Culdrose being the only Stations we have left; and in relation to;

and visits to different NAS's and such!!!
I then related that it wouldn't take long to visit by air, being separated by just 114 air miles; but in a Grob Vigilant, it just may (at 62 kt). You will, no doubt be doing the flying in a Tutor rocket ship, though, which somewhat spoils the good natured banter.

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
Passed-over_Loggie said:
I then related that it wouldn't take long to visit by air, being separated by just 114 air miles; but in a Grob Vigilant, it just may (at 62 kt). You will, no doubt be doing the flying in a Tutor rocket ship, though, which somewhat spoils the good natured banter.
Either way, I drive faster than you'll be flying..

chlolea . :thumright:

Your catching on fast.

Somewhere in the house, I have a sticker for the car back window with the caption; "My Other Car's an Aeroplane". Yet another well meant but unwanted present!

Thread reacquisition mode now selected.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
For the unitiated: special flying awards (aircrew acquaints) may be requested via your Area Careers Liaison Officer. They are not part of the selection process, they are classed as a familiarisation visit.

For the younger aspiring pilots, there are gliding acquaints, for the older guys, they let you play with a plane that has an engine.

chlolea. I was guilty of Thread Drift by prattling about car stickers. This can sometimes provoke responses that further deviate from the Thread and I was signifying that I was reacquiring the Thread datum.

As you started this Thread, it would be extremely bad form for me to hijack it with unrelated niff, naff and trivia.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Passed-over_Loggie said:
....As you started this Thread, it would be extremely bad form for me to hijack it with unrelated niff, naff and trivia.
Oh, I dunno, it beats the prospect of a currently serving fast jet pilot hijacking the thread illuminating us all with their "Cripes, Nothing on the clock but the makers' name.." guff. :thumright: