The Silent Ranks

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by brazenhussy, Feb 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Silent Ranks

I wear no uniforms, no blues or whites,
    But I am in the Navy because I am his wife.
    I'm in the ranks that are rarely seen,
    I have no rank upon my shoulders.
    And Salutes I do not give.
    But the military world is the place in which I live.
    I'm not in the chain of command, nor Orders do I get.
    But my husband is the one who does, this I can't forget.
    I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line.
    But my job is just as tough. I'm the one who's left behind.
    My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man.
    And the call to serve his country not all can understand.
    Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free.
    My husband makes the sacrifice, but so do our kids and me.
    I love the man I married. The Navy is his life.
    But I stand among the silent ranks known as the Navy Wife.
  2. Nice one brazenhussy. :cool: :eek: :lol: :razz:

Without the silent ranks life wouldn't be the same :lol:
  3. thanks S_B
  4. Never met a navy wife who was silent??

Try adding these...
    I live in married quarters but don't have to pay for it
    I wear ron hills but never go training
    I can out shout parade ground staff but only in jesters
    I can write a bluey to hubby whilst getting reemed out by a union street conquest
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Nice one Brazen, your words have moved me to submit my own poem, it's titled

"The creation of pussy galore"

Seven wise men with knowledge so fine, created a pussy to a dreadful design

The first was a butcher, who thought he had wit. he used a bloody great knife to give it a slit.

Second was a chippie, with hands as black as coal, with a hammer and chisel he gave it a hole.

Then came a tailor, scraggy and thin, he used greasy red velvet to line it within.

Fourth was a hunter, short and stout, with the fur from a fox, he lined it without.

The next was a fisherman, nasty as hell. he threw in a fish to give it a

Number 6 was a preacher, his name was McGee, he touched it and blessed it and said it could pee.

The last was a sailer, a dirty little runt. he looked and he laughed and called it a c***
  6. Great BH. Mustn't forget the civil partners too... (Dreaming of a gay furry Stoker...) :wink:
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Unless she's biting the pillow! And if she's got an uckers board tattooed on her back, even better!

8. Let's raise a glass to the navy wives who keep the troops happy.............
    Especially when hubby is at sea!
    Been there done that on the Eggbuckland / Budeaux patch in Guzz and some place in Helensburgh. In my defence, the slags never let on, it was usualy phots of the old man in rig that gave it away.
    Felt guilty all the way back to the dockyard I did.
  9. sgtpepperband

Even better if you know him or she's an Occifer's wife who fancied a bit of rough!!

I remember when the Lusty sailed from Pompey for Global '88 (9 month deployment). All the wives/girlfriends were on TV, waving, crying, on the jetty and at Round Tower,declaring their undying love for Jack... fast forward 12 hours and they're getting grippoed in Joanna's!

Unfortunately the Lusty's gearbox caught fire off the IoW and was to be brought back alongside the following morning. Cue van loads of Provost driving round the pubs and clubs of Southsea, warning the wives/girlfriends to get back home ASAP!!

10. Bloody spoil sports :lol:
  11. sgtpepperband

Only trying to prevent work for us; think of the domestic incidents we'd have to attend on the patches as a result of them not knowing?! :shock:
  12. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I know its an old piece of work, I haven't tried to claimed ownership, apologies if it came across as such. I cannot give credit to the author because I haven't a clue who original wrote it or when.
  13. Watch it people!

It's a good poem and I think near enough every person married to some one serving can relate to it, nice one lass xx