The Siege of Ladysmith - RN Brigade

Discussion in 'History' started by Montigny_La_Palisse, Sep 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A long time ago at one of my Dad's mates house's, I remember a painting on his wall showing the RN Brigade slinging a 4.7 gun across a chasm during the Boer War, presumably during the Siege of Ladysmith.

Does anybody know who this painting was by? Or of any similar?

2. Tried a Filed gunner but he just grunted, started crying about the Royal Tournament and then ate his kids.

3. I have a limited edition print but I don't think it's the same one your talking about though as it's called the last run which as the guzz field gunners in the tournament on the left then training in the middle then the actual crossing the chasm during the boar war.

4. I have that print as well tommo and it was my leaving the RN gift from FOST.

5. The Boars? Absolute pigs! :lol:

6. Find me this painting you fcukers. Cash waiting!

7. I have trawled the web but the nearest I could find was this:

8. That's not it mate but I do like it!

9. I recall seeing similar to you description in the Large Shop come museum on the Barbican in Guzz. It's a gold mine of antiquities, The shop is about 20yards up from the plaque which shows all the names of those who sailed on the Mayflower, New Street I believe.
    Sadly I cannot check it out for you as I no longer live in Guzz. Perhaps there are some members who could check it out for you.

10. Trelawny, thanks mate I may trawl Militaria shops etc.