The Services Dry Fly Fishing Association

Applications are now open for a rod with the Services Dry Fishing Association which is for serving personnel from all 3 Services, veterans and civil servants including retired ones.

The Association provides classic provides classic chalk stream trout fishing over 6 miles of the River Avon from Bulford upstream to Fifield beside Salisbury Plain. The Association also owns and stocks 5 still-water lakes around Netheravon.

Serving personnel are subsidised by those not serving and half rods are available for serving personnel only if there are mitigating operational and Service reasons for not being able to fish the whole trout season.

Subscription rates for the 2017 season are as follows:

Captains and below (or RN/RAF equivalent), and MOD-employed civil servants of C1 Grade and below: £300

Majors and Lieutenant Colonels (or RN/RAF equivalent), and MOD-employed civil servants of B1 and B2 Grades: £470

Colonels, Brigadiers, General Officers (or RN/RAF equivalent),veterans and retired MOD civil servants: £620

Members’ spouses: Half Member subscription

Members’ children (at school): £50

Visitors to the area on courses or training can purchase a limited number of day tickets from the Hon Secretary.

Rainbow trout fishing in Corfe End Lakes is permitted 15 Mar – 31 Dec.

The brown trout season is in two parts: 1 – 30 Apr when only catch and release is permitted, and 1 May – 14 Oct. The grayling season is 16 Jun – 1 Mar.

Discount schemes are available on the cost of a rod for recruiting serving personnel into the Association.

Please contact the Honorary Secretary [email protected] for further details or use the contact form on the Association web site here: https://sdffa.co.uk/

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Applications are now open for a rod with the Services Dry Fishing Association which is for serving personnel from all 3 Services

Subscription rates for the 2017 season are as follows:

Captains and below (or RN/RAF equivalent), and MOD-employed civil servants of C1 Grade and below: £300

Majors and Lieutenant Colonels (or RN/RAF equivalent), and MOD-employed civil servants of B1 and B2 Grades: £470

Colonels, Brigadiers, General Officers (or RN/RAF equivalent),veterans and retired MOD civil servants: £620

/
But not all serving personnel. Rather an exclusive club by the look of things.

Hands up all those on here that are eligible to join.

But not all serving personnel. Rather an exclusive club by the look of things.

Hands up all those on here that are eligible to join.

Looks like it goes hand in hand with the inter service polo championships

However Captains and below (or RN/RAF equivalent), and MOD-employed civil servants of C1 Grade and below: £300

veterans and civil servants including retired ones.

covers most of us?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Pip pip. Have to say that it would have been nice to see one or even two bands for OR or SR/JR, not that there would probably be too much take up from the lower orders.

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Looks like it goes hand in hand with the inter service polo championships

However Captains and below (or RN/RAF equivalent), and MOD-employed civil servants of C1 Grade and below: £300

veterans and civil servants including retired ones.

covers most of us?
Need to read things more carefully in future :)

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Never jump on the outrage bus without checking that there is ( the correct ) fuel in the tank - enough to reach the destination- and strong wind in the tyres.
In my defence, lists of personnel normally start at the bottom and work their way up. I assumed :oops:that Captain and below was Captain to S/Lt. Happy to have been corrected by JFH
Every day a school day :)

Hi Dapper

It is Captain and below, but that means down to private, AB and Marine etc. I was an AB and nothing more and I'm a member. I am also a member of the Portsmouth Services Fly Fishing Association. I understand that these clubs may seem to be elitist or exclusive and in the past they most likely were. However it has all changed and I would like to encourage all serving ranks to join these clubs if your interested in Fly Fishing. I can't stress enough the quality for the cost. Please pass it around that both service clubs are open to all ranks. If people are interested and would like to try before they buy I could get you out as a guest.

Latest Threads