The schools where pupils aged four learn about gay lifestyle

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by slim, May 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Some of this kids might have gay parents and relatives, so why not help them to understand that there are alternative lifestyles to "Mum/Dad/2.4 children"? The whole world does not live the perfect Daily Mail dream...

2. A valid point of view SgtP. Though I believe 4 to be a little young, perhaps 11 or 12 would be a more appropriate age.

3. I would hope that these classes are given with the full knowledge and prior approval of the parents.

4. I suspect the Daily Mail's concept of perfect order disappeared when homosexuality was partially decriminalised in 1967, and even more so when it was fully decriminalised in 2003.

The problem here is two-fold. Research into religious bigotry carried out in Northern Ireland clearly showed that children from the age of 5 already held entrenched prejudice against fellow pupils whose parents subscribed to a different religious lifestyle choice. The problem here is trying to counter antigay sentiment on the one hand, whilst trying to avoid teaching underage children about sexual matters which they are unlikely to comprehend, which in my opinion ought to be left to secondary schools. IMO sex and religion should not be taught to any child under 15.

I have never recovered from the religious indoctrination I received at school, or to assign it its proper name: psychological abuse. I'm very good at pretending to be ignorant about various practices and beliefs, but in reality I cannot forget them. :x

5. This prejudice in NI was taught to the children by their parents from the cradle. By the time the child was old enough to attend school the hatred was already there. As far as I am aware the subject of homosexuality is rarely if ever mentioned to young children in straight families.

6. Perhaps we should teach them at 5 about what the Bible really requires of heterosexual sex: that bodily contact is forbidden and that any intercourse must be through a small hole in a thick woolen blanket ensuring only the male and female sex organs touch, and NOTHING else. :twisted: If they catch their Christian parents doing otherwise, they should then report it to Christian Police Association, aka the Religious Police! :twisted: :lol:

7. What ARE you going on about :)

maybe they could be taught that sex should always start and end with love, and leave the sweaty moany bit until they are old enough to get embarrased hard-ons over it ;)

8. my LO has just turned 4 and knows that my parents next door neighbours live together and love one another just like a mummy and daddy ( they are two men) no promoting from me just what she appears to have figured out for herself ( she's not taught it at nursery)

As SP says kids know ( or can figure out) far more than they are given credit for, hate breds hate, you just have to look at racisum and far right etc, I remember watching a Louis Therox program on a mom who's two young daughters were in a Far right band, stuff they were coming out with was discusting.

I'd rather LO learnt about all forms of relationships etc from an early age so if she desideds shes that way inclined she doesn't feel its a tabo subject, plus it might just grab a few boradline biggots kids early enough for them to challange they're parents views.

Daily Mail lives in cloud cookoo land if you ask me, it hates people like me ( right on tree hugging liberal single mothers) and I'm sure if it could it would be campaining to bring back putting people like me in mental instutions!

WW

9. Which part of the New Testament is that in?

10. I don’t ever recall being (formally) taught about heterosexual lifestyle, so why make a big issue out of gay lifestyles? Unless kids learn it from others, they will just accept alternative lifestyles without being taught about them.

11. Christ never commented upon what Old Testament scripture had to say about this topic, so I think we can take it that this signified approval. (Head down awaiting flak :wink: ) After all he commanded his followers to observe the old laws. From this I presume he meant that they should observe all those old laws that Jesus did not specifically undermine! That is after all what underpins much Christian belief: and any literal belief in the Bible in toto must treat anything Jesus do not specifically criticise in the old law, as legitimate.

Right, on goes my tin lid...

12. Religion is the Root of all Evil

13. Does that include worshipping and revering ex-G Spot inmates as superior to any other life forms, especially MPs? 8O :D :? :? I shall be adding that to the next Census in 2011 as my religious belief: Obsessive-Compulsive G Spot Disorder! :wink: :lol:

14. Haven't read the link, as it is Slims favourite the Daily Wail, on a subject like this it is almost certainly something relatively minor taken out of context and then blown up out of all proportion to satisfy some editorial whim.

15. sgtpepperband

Re: The schools where pupils aged four learn about gay lifes

...it's called 'giving them enough information for them to make up their own minds'! Kids these days are not as naive as we would like to think... :roll:

16. Though many disapprove of this newspaper it does give a fairly accurate representation on the view of middle Britain. Seems a shame to me that many will leave school knowing more about homosexuality than English language.

17. sgtpepperband

Re: The schools where pupils aged four learn about gay lifes

It's ironic that in most of the public schools attended by the movers and shakers of the Daily Mail's utopian "Middle England", homosexuality was compulsory... they don't call it "fagging" for nothing, you know... :lol:

18. Re: The schools where pupils aged four learn about gay lifes

No it's called pedalling an agenda… tell them young enough that practice 'x' is normal and they will not query it later in life…

As the Jesuits say "Give me a child until he is seven and I will give you the man"