The SCC-SASCC Cadet Exchange

Discussion in 'SCC and URNU' started by Booty_Cdt_Sgt, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any other cadets been selected for the 2007 South Africa Exchange, or has anyone here been lucky enough to go on it.

Got my selection papers through the post today, sounds like an amazing oppourtunity, I've heard that the SCC's top 20 Cadets are short listed and then sorted through essays and two interviews then the lucky cadet gets to see South Africa living with families, and not having to pay anything other than their spending money, what an oppourtunity.

Good luck any others who have been selected.

2. Best bet is the sea cadets forum at www.sccportal.org.uk.

Good luck with that, I went to Hong Kong last year (SCC exchange) and it was amazing.

3. Yeah I was selected to go to the Virginia this year, however my Unit Chairman forgot to book us on the Exchange, so I missed out on this, but the South Africa Exchange is slightly different, its a Residential Visit rather than a Military base visit.

4. I'm not even allowed to go to the SCC parade in London, because CO would rather someone more seinor went, I've been there for 3 years, some jumped up midshipman arrvied from the URNR or whatever it's called 2 weeks ago has been selected instead.

Going in a big sulk now

WW

5. Alright Womps, while they're strutting their stuff perhaps they will allow you to sew on their cap badges for them

6. Thats the problem with the uni lot though, see it every year they come in, fresh faced, I got 3 A levels I'm superiour.

Yeah love but you have about as much common sense as....................um somthing without any!

7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

You wait 'til some of them get their degree - then they really are owed everything on a silver platter! :)