Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rum Tunnel.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
We've been spinning dits all night about old telly programmes and an
ancient American Sci-Fi series popped into my brain.....

*The Time Tunnel*

Well now, I've just reassembled one from some old diagrams, bits of
cardboard, sticky tape and two bulk printers and I have leased it to
RR for a nominal fee.

Where would you go? (The Past/The Future?) and what would you
when you got there?

You can go anywhere EXCEPT for the f***ing obvious "get the
lottery numbers for next week and then come back to this week"
load
of bollocks.....make it interesting at least.

Off y'go then.

http://www.magicvideolibrary.com/classi2.jpg

Merlin28

War Hero
I would love to go to 1950's america preferably california. Drive a red and white caddilac buy ice cream sundays and drink cola from glass bottles. Do some surfing and loads of shagging whilst listen to Eddie Cochran and Little Richard. Basically live the american greese dream.

girthsmith

Lantern Swinger
I would travel back to 1992 and unsubscribe to the RN Sports lottery cos Ive won absolutely nowt on it since! Only joking! I would go back to the mid 90s on type 22s where there was loads of manpower, good trips and time off in an equal balance. Simples.

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I'd send this lot back in time to create a bit of mayhem and childish high jinks:-

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I'd go back to when I was young, free and single and down Union Strasse every night and take advantage to all the shagging opportunities I missed because I was too bladdered to take advantage of.

I dont think I'd change much (except maybe missing 9 months fes for fcukin Iceland) but it sure would be fun to do it all again.

RO2weiler

Badgeman
Yes, I went up the ice instead of the Windies, bugger. Still would do it all again given half a chance.
v8topcat said:
I dont think I'd change much (except maybe missing 9 months fes for fcukin Iceland) but it sure would be fun to do it all again.

2badge_mango

War Hero
Merlin28 said:
I would love to go to 1950's america preferably california. Drive a red and white caddilac buy ice cream sundays and drink cola from glass bottles. Do some surfing and loads of shagging whilst listen to Eddie Cochran and Little Richard. Basically live the american greese dream.

Did most of that, just spent a weekend reunion with a couple of dozen of the blokes I did it with (Ulster '58 commish) - wasn't as good as it looks on telly. :roll:

I'd go back to the beginning of the 19th century - just as an observer - to check on my forebears and see if all the guff I found out from studying family history really was as it appears in the records. 8O

2BM

RO2weiler said:
Yes, I went up the ice instead of the Windies, bugger. Still would do it all again given half a chance.
v8topcat said:

When were you up there?

Rumrat

War Hero
If any of you fuckers who are changing "where you were" in the 60's, 70's, or 80's can you give us a bit of notice if you had married quarters in Gus or Pompy. Threes a crowd, and even the hare gets a slight lead before the "hounds" start. :roll: :wink:

Rumrat said:
If any of you fuckers who are changing "where you were" in the 60's, 70's, or 80's can you give us a bit of notice if you had married quarters in Gus or Pompy. Threes a crowd, and even the hare gets a slight lead before the "hounds" start. :roll: :wink:
No prob :wink: :D

RO2weiler

Badgeman
Did 3 patrols on the Cherry B in '73, seems a long time ago now. Spent a long time in the Med after that, happy days.

v8topcat said:
RO2weiler said:
v8topcat said:

When were you up there?

Tough one............either go back to 2006 when my Asthma was first 4 years clear and apply then for the RN rather than bother with uni....

or...

Go back to 2008 and patch things up with the ex before it went down hill

or go back to 1986 and somehow make my parents stop worrying about the effects it would have on a 1yr old me and move to Canada rather than staying here.

Merlin has a good idea though I have to admit

RO2weiler said:
Did 3 patrols on the Cherry B in '73, seems a long time ago now. Spent a long time in the Med after that, happy days.

v8topcat said:
RO2weiler said:
v8topcat said:

When were you up there?
Ha joined Cherry B in Rosyth Autumn 73 me just 16.
18 JSea in 3E Gunners mess first time at sea, seasick most of the fcuking time and as I recall we spent most of the time off the Faroes cos it was so fcuking rough happy days £12 a fortnight lots of bags of malteesers for that. Eric Pape and Jan Stoker hard as fcuk me on the end of some well deserved kickings. Lreg was a twat so was DHP

WreckerL said:
I'd go back to when I was young, free and single and down Union Strasse every night and take advantage to all the shagging opportunities I missed because I was too bladdered to take advantage of.

Yes but how many would look that shaggable in the cold and sober light?

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
sussex2 said:
WreckerL said:

Yes but how many would look that shaggable in the cold and sober light?

I did notice the essence ones I got turned in with used to slope off in the middle of the night and their ugly sister had replaced them when I woke up.

Never understood that :?

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I'd go back and learn everything I could about music, reading music and
thrashing the living shit out of an electric guitar. Always wanted to be the
long haired, leather-trousered, fanny-rat lead guitarist of a world class
rock band.
Arthritis has set in and I've given my last electric guitar, amp and foot pedals away.
Could play some, up until a while ago but no longer possible.
Wish I'd stuck to my guns and kept up with the learning.
RN wouldn't have seen me for dust - anyhow I'd probably be dead by now,
what with all the drugs, booze, money, energetic wild sex and stuff.

If only.

Ballistic

War Hero
I'd go forward in time 50 years or so, get loads of evidence and then come back to show the present government the folly of the SDSR

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Rum Ration soliciting? The Gash Barge 11
D Rum Ration staying afloat Diamond Lil's 90
Ageing_Gracefully The UNIQUE RUM RATION ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DRAW 2019 Competitions 24
slim Rum Ration Poetry challange! Diamond Lil's 14
CERA Thanks Rum Ration! Diamond Lil's 18
Alfacharlie Was the old rum ration days better? Diamond Lil's 4
slim Was Rum Ration a Better forum in the Olden Days Diamond Lil's 14
Ageing_Gracefully Would you like to review books on Rum Ration? The Book Club 0
Ageing_Gracefully The ARRSE/RUM RATION Grand Christmas Draw 2018 Competitions 45
Ageing_Gracefully Do you want to review books for Rum Ration? The Book Club 0
soleil Economist: "Rum, Strategy & The Cash - Britain's RN Has Big Ambitions, But A Small Budget" Current Affairs 0
D Rum Ration . Have the Submariners subsumed it? The Gash Barge 25
janner 2018 Upgrade - Rum Ration Medals and Ranks Site Issues 8
Joint_Force_Harrier Grand National Rum Ration Virtual Sweepstake Sports and Adventure Training 38
Ageing_Gracefully Do You Fancy Reviewing Books for Rum Ration The Book Club 1
Stirlin Rum Ration 10th Birthday. Diamond Lil's 11
P Persec and Rum Ration Current Affairs 52
Stirlin The Rum Bar. Diamond Lil's 0
P Pussers rum cup HMS Belfast can anyone tell me anything about this? History 4
Good CO Rum Ration - Migration of forums to "Xenforo" on Monday morning Site Issues 7
TheLastStoker Genuine Navy Rum Advice The Quarterdeck 5
Joint_Force_Harrier Proper Rum Barrels Hobbies & The Great Indoors 20
SONAR-BENDER Rum - every day a school-day! The Quarterdeck 7
soleil FoodBev.Com: "Pusser's Navy Rum Now Available At Harrods" The Quarterdeck 27
J Pusser's Rum The Quarterdeck 20
B RN Rum Suppliers The Fleet Air Arm 11
R rum for the constable of the tower of London The Quarterdeck 12
Bad CO New Rum Ration iOS App Released - 100% free Site Issues 0
Bad CO New Rum Ration Android App Released - 100% Free Site Issues 16
Blackrat Rum Ration 2012 Awards Diamond Lil's 104
Rumrat Which Rum Rationers job would you like/not like? The Gash Barge 98
Sumo Rum Rats Lamb Diamond Lil's 0
Rumrat Rum Ration Roulette Diamond Lil's 21
soleil The Story Of Pusser's Rum History 0
Rumrat Annoying Rum Ration.(Ho fuckin Ho) Diamond Lil's 44
BillyNoMates Ctrl-alt-delete. Rum Ration power down. The Gash Barge 6
witsend Rum Ration News Diamond Lil's 33
soleil Has Rum Ration Just Been Down For An Hour? Site Issues 4
Ninja_Stoker For newbies: PERSEC, Facebook, Rum Ration, & social networks. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 43
Gundulph Argyle need Rum Rations Help! Sports and Adventure Training 5
R12_CV Pussers Rum Sale...Bargain Current Affairs 4
soleil Navy News: "Win Power Tools & Wood's Old Navy Rum" The Quarterdeck 1
soleil NYTimes 40 Yrs After the RN’s Last Call, Its Rum Is For Sale The Quarterdeck 15
Merlin28 Rum Ration History History 11
21_Man Rum The Gash Barge 15
Patrick Big Thanks to the crew on Rum Ration Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 52
Rumrat Vulgarity On Rum Ration Diamond Lil's 39
Ninja_Stoker Rum Ration - Useful or useless ? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 81
TheLastStoker Help needed from rum lovers! History 12
jesse Rum Ration is having a strange effect on me! Diamond Lil's 1