The Rum Tunnel.

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by BillyNoMates, Nov 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We've been spinning dits all night about old telly programmes and an
    ancient American Sci-Fi series popped into my brain.....

*The Time Tunnel*

Well now, I've just reassembled one from some old diagrams, bits of
    cardboard, sticky tape and two bulk printers and I have leased it to
    RR for a nominal fee.

Where would you go? (The Past/The Future?) and what would you
    when you got there?

You can go anywhere EXCEPT for the f***ing obvious "get the
    lottery numbers for next week and then come back to this week"
    load
    of bollocks.....make it interesting at least.

Off y'go then.

http://www.magicvideolibrary.com/classi2.jpg

2. I would love to go to 1950's america preferably california. Drive a red and white caddilac buy ice cream sundays and drink cola from glass bottles. Do some surfing and loads of shagging whilst listen to Eddie Cochran and Little Richard. Basically live the american greese dream.

3. Go back to when I was a teenager, but still have the knowledge that I have now.

4. I would travel back to 1992 and unsubscribe to the RN Sports lottery cos Ive won absolutely nowt on it since! Only joking! I would go back to the mid 90s on type 22s where there was loads of manpower, good trips and time off in an equal balance. Simples.

5. I'd send this lot back in time to create a bit of mayhem and childish high jinks:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. I'd go back to when I was young, free and single and down Union Strasse every night and take advantage to all the shagging opportunities I missed because I was too bladdered to take advantage of.

7. I dont think I'd change much (except maybe missing 9 months fes for fcukin Iceland) but it sure would be fun to do it all again.

8. I would go back to when I was 16, fcuk off College and Uni and get myself straight into the RN.

9. Yes, I went up the ice instead of the Windies, bugger. Still would do it all again given half a chance.

10. Did most of that, just spent a weekend reunion with a couple of dozen of the blokes I did it with (Ulster '58 commish) - wasn't as good as it looks on telly. :roll:

I'd go back to the beginning of the 19th century - just as an observer - to check on my forebears and see if all the guff I found out from studying family history really was as it appears in the records. 8O

2BM

11. When were you up there?

12. If any of you fuckers who are changing "where you were" in the 60's, 70's, or 80's can you give us a bit of notice if you had married quarters in Gus or Pompy. Threes a crowd, and even the hare gets a slight lead before the "hounds" start. :roll: :wink:

13. No prob :wink: :D

14. Did 3 patrols on the Cherry B in '73, seems a long time ago now. Spent a long time in the Med after that, happy days.

15. Tough one............either go back to 2006 when my Asthma was first 4 years clear and apply then for the RN rather than bother with uni....

or...

Go back to 2008 and patch things up with the ex before it went down hill

or go back to 1986 and somehow make my parents stop worrying about the effects it would have on a 1yr old me and move to Canada rather than staying here.

Merlin has a good idea though I have to admit

16. Ha joined Cherry B in Rosyth Autumn 73 me just 16.
    18 JSea in 3E Gunners mess first time at sea, seasick most of the fcuking time and as I recall we spent most of the time off the Faroes cos it was so fcuking rough happy days £12 a fortnight lots of bags of malteesers for that. Eric Pape and Jan Stoker hard as fcuk me on the end of some well deserved kickings. Lreg was a twat so was DHP

17. Yes but how many would look that shaggable in the cold and sober light?

18. I did notice the essence ones I got turned in with used to slope off in the middle of the night and their ugly sister had replaced them when I woke up.

Never understood that :?

19. I'd go back and learn everything I could about music, reading music and
    thrashing the living shit out of an electric guitar. Always wanted to be the
    long haired, leather-trousered, fanny-rat lead guitarist of a world class
    rock band.
    Arthritis has set in and I've given my last electric guitar, amp and foot pedals away.
    Could play some, up until a while ago but no longer possible.
    Wish I'd stuck to my guns and kept up with the learning.
    RN wouldn't have seen me for dust - anyhow I'd probably be dead by now,
    what with all the drugs, booze, money, energetic wild sex and stuff.

If only.

20. I'd go forward in time 50 years or so, get loads of evidence and then come back to show the present government the folly of the SDSR