(The RR boys will deem this thread wholly trivial) Clothes.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by sara21, Oct 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am off to BRNC in Jan, as many of you already know, and am finding it difficult to find clothes that I deem as suitable to take with me.
    I am not planning on rocking some haute couture outfit but don't want to turn out in a knitted twin set either. I wonder if any serving RR ladies might be able to point me in the right direction?
  2. M & S!
  3. Geat for kegs and bras, not so great for 22 year olds trying not to look like their mum.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Doubtless our resident Royal Marines will point you in the right direction with regard "Foundation Garments".

Good luck on getting a sensible answer!
  5. Sensible answer, pshh, wouldn't that make life dull?

Be nice boys, I did warn you that you would think this pointless- and well if it bothers you that much remember that posting is not mandatory.
  6. Can't see a problem myself. Just pop down the stokers mess and they will kit you out. Well they always seem to have plenty of women's clothing for SODS opera's when I was in.
  7. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm sure I read something aobut standards of civilian attire in the "All you need to know about BRNC" link, or it wil certainly be in the pre-joining booklet(s)? Can't be arsed to post the link; those that want to know can search for it... :roll:
  8. Yes there is but a lot of the info on there reads

"Female equivalent"...

a little too ambiguous, as we all know people like me can't think for themselves.

x x
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ooh, you big fibber!
  10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Hmm, as a potential occifer that comment fills me with confidence - look forward to serving with you in the future... :roll: :wink:
  11. Re: (The RR boys will deem this thread wholly trivial) Cloth

Hey Sara21 (now 22!!!) :thumright:

Id recommend one of these outfits........

1. http://freespace.virgin.net/kat.lovers/Images/minimaid1.jpg

2. http://special-offers.midnightliaison.co.uk/gallery/kizzy_bra.jpg

3. http://www.nuexchange.com/SNF/images/nurse2.jpg

Id be happy to lend you one of mine, but Id need number three back for a run ashore on Friday and NuttyBag has already borrowed number 1, so Id have to get it back.

Taxi? For me? I'll get my coat!! :slow:

12. ***Sara takes her tongue quickly out of her cheek***

Ahh thanks, me too, we will have a blast :w00t:
  13. Well you're currently working in the architectural profession, so you'll have exposure to what's considered the equivalent to suits etc in that field.

It's largely up to you, but the point of how you dress is what sort of image you want to present. There is plenty out there for young professionals from most of the high street shops; Austin Reed tends to be popular with the women in my firm.

I'd say there is no point in trying to appear in a way you're not comfortable with.

Trouser suits are perfectly acceptable.

RC is probably your best bet for specific direction though.
  14. An on the upside, by the time you finish at BRNC you'll have bee institutionalised, and won't want to dress like a civvy anymore :)
  15. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Eyes left....thats all a jenny occifer needs in my book.
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Re: (The RR boys will deem this thread wholly trivial) Cloth

I rest my case.
  17. Re: (The RR boys will deem this thread wholly trivial) Cloth

:thumright: :thumright: :thumright:
  18. Re: (The RR boys will deem this thread wholly trivial) Cloth

OOPS! Will need to wait till I get home to check those out. Big Brother just pinged one of those as a no go!

Spenny, if I lose my job, you are in such big trouble! :plotting:
  19. Re: (The RR boys will deem this thread wholly trivial) Cloth

This is the Dartmouth Ladies Hockey Club, so I guess a wooly hat is the new "must-have accessory".
    There's a couple of Charity Shops just off the Main Drag where you should be able to purchase one
    - won't be a Jasper Conran original though....

20. Dress like Princess Anne, oh sorry she looks like a Stoker in drag, face like one too.
    Try Harvey Nics or Liberty, thats my.. er I mean my loving Wifes first port of call when we're in London