The Royal Navy is dangerously weak...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by AuldYin, Aug 24, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it just me or does it seem that having a modern, powerfull armed forces is more of a chour than a nessecity in this country...to me it seems like its fairly low down on the important list. There always seems to be a lack in something, wether it be equipment, facilties or specific personel.

2. Having gashed pefectly good FFs as a bribe for the Carriers, we'll probably now have to gash the Carriers as a bribe for the replacement FF (note there is no assumption of it being plural).

3. There's some doubt that the Gibraltar Flotilla will be further funded. Spain has suggested an agreeable compromise.

4. Evidence of this please. A link of some sort Norman, or another one of you unbacked up made up facts?

5. 10 new frigates is not enough by any stretch of the imagination. I can only imagine we'll end up with two carriers and about 20 coastal forces type craft with the present number of subs to maintain some (I did say "Some") world credibility. To be honest I don't know why we don't chuck a few quid at the yanks and ask them to look after our maritime interests. 8)

6. Costa Blanca News 06.07.10 q.v.

7. Fair enough. I haven't been able to find the article concerned but other authoritative articles of strategic significance in the current issue include:

Nero needs a home
    Catch a falling star

8. True. The same issue suggested that Britain was to have two new carriers -- una esperanza imposible

9. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...and Issac Asimov predicted we'd all by flying around in personal space ships by the year 2000, but it never happened. Ergo, predictions are very often never achieved - but that's life, innit?

In the meantime, please can you post us updates about Nero the Donkey? Because frankly I am bore shitless with your other posts... :sleepy:

10. Who, pray, is us?

11. But where is the article you speak of? There's nothing of it on the Costa Blanca News.

You're not able to back your facts up once more Norman.

12. As has been argued countless times before, there's no point in having a strike carrier without the frigates and destroyers to support it. I sometimes wonder what the fcuk is going on in Whitehall/NC.

13. Totally agree!

However the Gorvernment spends our money so much better elsewhere

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/media/2010/08/daily-express-mouse-bridge-costing-190k-is-built.html

I can't help thinking when the mouse sees this he will be so pleased! A brigde just for him and his family? How sweet!

:banghead:

IDIOTS

14. They built a simular thing in Cornwall nr Dobwalls over the near duel carriage way.

15. It's actually the most ridiculous thing I've seen this year, was fuming bbc gave it air time on the news !

16. And the re-action they were looking for has worked!

17. Fcuk I rose to It. Booo

18. Took a trip round the warships in Plymouth earlier this year.
    The poor man on the Tannoy was lost for words.
    Not a single warship in the Roads. A RFA and a frigate being repaired and two submarines inside concrete bunkers.--so he said.
    What the foreign visitors on the boat thought of it--who knows.

19. Well your tour guide was rubbish, because there is more than one frigate in refit, and is it bad that the rest are at sea and not alongside?

Throbber