The Royal Navy is dangerously weak...

joe_145

Lantern Swinger
#2
Is it just me or does it seem that having a modern, powerfull armed forces is more of a chour than a nessecity in this country...to me it seems like its fairly low down on the important list. There always seems to be a lack in something, wether it be equipment, facilties or specific personel.
 
#3
Having gashed pefectly good FFs as a bribe for the Carriers, we'll probably now have to gash the Carriers as a bribe for the replacement FF (note there is no assumption of it being plural).
 
#4
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Having gashed pefectly good FFs as a bribe for the Carriers, we'll probably now have to gash the Carriers as a bribe for the replacement FF (note there is no assumption of it being plural).
There's some doubt that the Gibraltar Flotilla will be further funded. Spain has suggested an agreeable compromise.
 
#5
invinoveritas2 said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Having gashed pefectly good FFs as a bribe for the Carriers, we'll probably now have to gash the Carriers as a bribe for the replacement FF (note there is no assumption of it being plural).
There's some doubt that the Gibraltar Flotilla will be further funded. Spain has suggested an agreeable compromise.
Evidence of this please. A link of some sort Norman, or another one of you unbacked up made up facts?
 
#6
10 new frigates is not enough by any stretch of the imagination. I can only imagine we'll end up with two carriers and about 20 coastal forces type craft with the present number of subs to maintain some (I did say "Some") world credibility. To be honest I don't know why we don't chuck a few quid at the yanks and ask them to look after our maritime interests. 8)
 
#7
tommo said:
invinoveritas2 said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Having gashed pefectly good FFs as a bribe for the Carriers, we'll probably now have to gash the Carriers as a bribe for the replacement FF (note there is no assumption of it being plural).
There's some doubt that the Gibraltar Flotilla will be further funded. Spain has suggested an agreeable compromise.
Evidence of this please. A link of some sort Norman, or another one of you unbacked up made up facts?
Costa Blanca News 06.07.10 q.v.
 
#8
invinoveritas2 said:
tommo said:
invinoveritas2 said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Having gashed pefectly good FFs as a bribe for the Carriers, we'll probably now have to gash the Carriers as a bribe for the replacement FF (note there is no assumption of it being plural).
There's some doubt that the Gibraltar Flotilla will be further funded. Spain has suggested an agreeable compromise.
Evidence of this please. A link of some sort Norman, or another one of you unbacked up made up facts?
Costa Blanca News 06.07.10 q.v.
Fair enough. I haven't been able to find the article concerned but other authoritative articles of strategic significance in the current issue include:

Nero needs a home
Costa Blanca News said:
Nero the donkey is looking for a new home. He was rescued by the Easy Horse Care rescue centre after he was found by police in Elche. Sue Weeding from EHCRC said Nero is a beautiful, healthy donkey with a lovely nature. If you think you can give Nero a good home call Sue on 652 021 980 or via [email protected]
Catch a falling star
Costa Brava News said:
Bacon butties and meteorite showers rain down over Bella Vista bar at Dénia U3A's annual Astronomy Group meeting...
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#10
invinoveritas2 said:
...True. The same issue suggested that Britain was to have two new carriers -- una esperanza imposible
...and Issac Asimov predicted we'd all by flying around in personal space ships by the year 2000, but it never happened. Ergo, predictions are very often never achieved - but that's life, innit?

In the meantime, please can you post us updates about Nero the Donkey? Because frankly I am bore shitless with your other posts... :sleepy:
 
#11
sgtpepperband said:
invinoveritas2 said:
...True. The same issue suggested that Britain was to have two new carriers -- una esperanza imposible
...and Issac Asimov predicted we'd all by flying around in personal space ships by the year 2000, but it never happened. Ergo, predictions are very often never achieved - but that's life, innit?

In the meantime, please can you post us updates about Nero the Donkey? Because frankly I am bore shitless with your other posts... :sleepy:
Who, pray, is us?
 
#12
invinoveritas2 said:
tommo said:
invinoveritas2 said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Having gashed pefectly good FFs as a bribe for the Carriers, we'll probably now have to gash the Carriers as a bribe for the replacement FF (note there is no assumption of it being plural).
There's some doubt that the Gibraltar Flotilla will be further funded. Spain has suggested an agreeable compromise.
Evidence of this please. A link of some sort Norman, or another one of you unbacked up made up facts?
Costa Blanca News 06.07.10 q.v.
But where is the article you speak of? There's nothing of it on the Costa Blanca News.

You're not able to back your facts up once more Norman.
 
#13
bollotom said:
10 new frigates is not enough by any stretch of the imagination. I can only imagine we'll end up with two carriers and about 20 coastal forces type craft with the present number of subs to maintain some (I did say "Some") world credibility. To be honest I don't know why we don't chuck a few quid at the yanks and ask them to look after our maritime interests. 8)
As has been argued countless times before, there's no point in having a strike carrier without the frigates and destroyers to support it. I sometimes wonder what the fcuk is going on in Whitehall/NC.
 
#14
joe_145 said:
Is it just me or does it seem that having a modern, powerfull armed forces is more of a chour than a nessecity in this country...to me it seems like its fairly low down on the important list. There always seems to be a lack in something, wether it be equipment, facilties or specific personel.
Totally agree!

However the Gorvernment spends our money so much better elsewhere

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/media/2010/08/daily-express-mouse-bridge-costing-190k-is-built.html

I can't help thinking when the mouse sees this he will be so pleased! A brigde just for him and his family? How sweet!

:banghead:

IDIOTS
 
#19
blondiie said:
Fcuk I rose to It. Booo
Took a trip round the warships in Plymouth earlier this year.
The poor man on the Tannoy was lost for words.
Not a single warship in the Roads. A RFA and a frigate being repaired and two submarines inside concrete bunkers.--so he said.
What the foreign visitors on the boat thought of it--who knows.
 
#20
Well your tour guide was rubbish, because there is more than one frigate in refit, and is it bad that the rest are at sea and not alongside?

Throbber