The Royal Naval school of dancing.

w.anchor

War Hero
Do any of you lads or Lassies remember the Royal Naval school of dancing Plymouth.If so what was it's correct name all I can remember is the coach seat around the outside of the dance floor.And a few of the lads being taught the foxtrot oscar down the stairs and into the welcoming arms of the Naval Patrol. 8O

w.anchor

War Hero
Richie said:
Above "Burtons" wasn't it?
I remember that it was up a flight of stairs and some real rough looking things when you got up there. Would you say it was not exactly one of the more upmarket joints in Plymouth?. :wink:

Bluetot

Lantern Swinger
Definitely the Paramount, up the steep stairs was difficult but being thrown down them was worse. Not far from the Two Trees , The Magic Stick and not forgetting the Antellopee

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The only one I know of up a flight of stairs, would be the 2's up (a little before my time anyway), almost nextdoor to the Clipper and opposite Boobs. It was apparently closed down when the bouncers killed a lad by chucking down the stairs and giving him a kicking? The door is still there I believe, next to the Chogey take away.

RN_Commando

Banned
tiddlyoggy said:
The only one I know of up a flight of stairs, would be the 2's up (a little before my time anyway), almost nextdoor to the Clipper and opposite Boobs. It was apparently closed down when the bouncers killed a lad by chucking down the stairs and giving him a kicking? The door is still there I believe, next to the Chogey take away.

quite correct but, must object about the kicking. See I was there many moons ago of duty pongo ejected by two royals via the stairs. Went home and choked on his vomit. If i remember well.

tiddlyoggy

War Hero
Book Reviewer
RN_Commando said:
tiddlyoggy said:

quite correct but, must object about the kicking. See I was there many moons ago of duty pongo ejected by two royals via the stairs. Went home and choked on his vomit. If i remember well.

Apologise for my inaccuracies, but note the use of the words "apparently", "before my time" and the question mark. :wink: