The RN is getting weaker - Another Discovery5 Naval whine

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I often think there's a natural instinct by those of us serving in one form or another, to defend the Navy's current status.

We tend to view criticism of successive government cuts to the fleet as a criticism of the Service whereas, for those who have served, it is quite possibly the exact opposite. They lament the demise of something they hold dear.

The phrase "when we had a real Navy" does tend to grate, but perhaps we should see it as a criticism of defence cuts rather than cutting remarks about those serving in defence.

Interestingly we don't need National Service to solve our manpower problems. All we need do is ditch the five year UK residency requirement for Commonwealth citizens living overseas and we would quickly make good the manning deficit.

The residency requirement was relaxed briefly up until March this year and we had about ten applicants for every place available.

In many respects the manning deficit is quite possibly a deliberate smokescreen to ensure successive cuts, laying the blame of inadequate numbers on the claimed ineptitude of contracted-out agencies.

Sparkplug

Lantern Swinger
I often think there's a natural instinct by those of us serving in one form or another, to defend the Navy's current status.

We tend to view criticism of successive government cuts to the fleet as a criticism of the Service whereas, for those who have served, it is quite possibly the exact opposite. They lament the demise of something they hold dear.

The phrase "when we had a real Navy" does tend to grate, but perhaps we should see it as a criticism of defence cuts rather than cutting remarks about those serving in defence.

Interestingly we don't need National Service to solve our manpower problems. All we need do is ditch the five year UK residency requirement for Commonwealth citizens living overseas and we would quickly make good the manning deficit.

The residency requirement was relaxed briefly up until March this year and we had about ten applicants for every place available.

In many respects the manning deficit is quite possibly a deliberate smokescreen to ensure successive cuts, laying the blame of inadequate numbers on the claimed ineptitude of contracted-out agencies.
Cynical!

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
Not at all some trolls we occasionally get deserve the bad karma
Karma I knew what Duff Gen was but had to look up Karma

.Sending positive vibes your away for quick recovery of your uncle. To answer your question we have need to have a big picture of Karma and how it works. Iam sure many on earth including me cannot define its boundaries or predict the way karmic patterns work, but going by the scriptures it is said that there are are 3 types of Karma
1)Dridha karma- fixed karma
2)Adridha karma- non fixed karma
3)Dridha-Adridha karma- fixed but could be changed through practice and perservance
We all experience all of these at various point of time in life. Dridha karma I something which cannot be changed and any act of resilience towards it will not have an immediate effect, but may be in next reincarnation as far I believe. Adridha karma is something which could be changed through faith and period for particular period. Dridha-Adridha karma is medium strong ,again which would require staunch belief for little longer periods or chanting of hymns which could bring out favorable planetary alignment and the ailment is healed. Having elucidated on this, what your uncle is facing could fall under any of these. Positive thoughts and endurance might attract healing energies from cosmos that could result in betterment in situation. So as Junot Diaz said God bless perservance because it's not easy.

Oh! That makes it clear.

Yet another SIR Ex first Sea Lord sticking his head above the Parapet,why don't these bosses do something when they are in the top Job. As it was stated to senior officers when I was in ,you don't get Knighthoods by arguing with politicians.

Yet another SIR Ex first Sea Lord sticking his head above the Parapet,why don't these bosses do something when they are in the top Job. As it was stated to senior officers when I was in ,you don't get Knighthoods by arguing with politicians.
Bit like a FOSM many moons ago stated that all boats will be smoke free, naming a date way past him leaving post.