The RN is getting weaker - Another Discovery5 Naval whine

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
I know not what or where Her Maj's war canoes are or what they are engaged in.
BUT!
Journalists as an occupation have to be the harbingers of doom and gloom on any subject. Truth and journalism are not words than have a working relationship. They try and become experts on any given subject without having one iota of what it is they are writing about.
Journalists are the dregs of their profession and should be ignored unless buying you a beer!
Not just the Journalist Dregs

Today's Telegraph letters
Saw Weakened Navy
Thought it said Week End Navy--

From the pen of a non-journalist.

Let us not forget the RFA's eh? In fact, let's not forget the humanitarian assistance that ALL
UK forces are currently getting involved in. Journo's.........go back to digging up the dirt on who's
shagging who in the latest run of *Strictly come Dancing" (literally).

Sandy Bay village beach Anguilla 8/9/17. Op Ruman.
RLC personnel getting ashore from RFA MOUNTS BAY.
The alleged plight of HM Armed Forces will soon go to the back of the journo's queue.

There's something new for them to concentrate on.
"Bucket bombs".

Let us not forget the RFA's eh? In fact, let's not forget the humanitarian assistance that ALL
UK forces are currently getting involved in. Journo's.........go back to digging up the dirt on who's
shagging who in the latest run of *Strictly come Dancing" (literally).

Sandy Bay village beach Anguilla 8/9/17. Op Ruman.
RLC personnel getting ashore from RFA MOUNTS BAY.
The alleged plight of HM Armed Forces will soon go to the back of the journo's queue.

There's something new for them to concentrate on.
"Bucket bombs".
Exactly, the article the original poster was referring is only talking about frigates and destroyers. None of the other ships that we have and nothing about the RFA. It used the words "laughing stock" but that's been nowhere but on the Telegraph. So who exactly is allegedly laughing at us?

Exactly, the article the original poster was referring is only talking about frigates and destroyers. None of the other ships that we have and nothing about the RFA. It used the words "laughing stock" but that's been nowhere but on the Telegraph. So who exactly is allegedly laughing at us?
My bold.
All those chunderers who never get off their arses to help, which is most of the EU countries, China, India, Iceland, the populace of Ashby-de-la-Zouch and Eskimos. I'd tell them no help until you make the dodgers pay tax, the tax dodging persons and helpers of same! :cool:

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
For all out there who think that the RN is in a satisfactory state of affairs I would point you to the Daily Telegraph today. The defence cuts are having a such an effect on the Navy that three out of four warships cannot go to sea. If you do not agree I would be very surprised.
Had this freedom of expression outlet existed in the 1960's Royal Navy, it would have been overwhelmed with Jacks drips. This when we had the most efficient navy in the world.

Is it not surprising that today's rank and file seem satisfied with the way it is and appear full of praise for its woeful state?

It would be disingenuous for any of us to say "all's well" as it clearly isn't ,but today's lower deck rebels appear to have been assuaged and silenced

Why? How?

repoman

Lantern Swinger
Seems to me everytime there is some form of a disaster, or other nations stand at the door with the begging bowl, our 'masters' in Whitehall can't wait to hand out OUR money to help. No I am not insensitive, I just feel it is about time our Politicians, who were put there by us, remember their prime reason for being is to protect the British people and ensure their welfare and safety above ALL else. Enough of Britain being the Salvation Army of the international community, hand the mantle over to some other nation, and use the money and resources on our own people.

Sparkplug

Lantern Swinger
Seems to me everytime there is some form of a disaster, or other nations stand at the door with the begging bowl, our 'masters' in Whitehall can't wait to hand out OUR money to help. No I am not insensitive, I just feel it is about time our Politicians, who were put there by us, remember their prime reason for being is to protect the British people and ensure their welfare and safety above ALL else. Enough of Britain being the Salvation Army of the international community, hand the mantle over to some other nation, and use the money and resources on our own people.
In fairness they are our overseas territories.

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
In fairness they are our overseas territories.
They are self-governing unlike the French overseas territories that remain Colonies in all but name. Ours are quite different. The Crown and Privy Council are about it--plus giving them a few Bob. How great it would be if we could send our National Servicemen there for training as the French do.
Sadly we don't have National Service any more.

repoman

Lantern Swinger
Sorry Sparkplug, I regrettably did not explain clearly enough, if it is British be it England Wales Northern Ireland or the porridge wogs up north or any of our territories it is our responsibility to help 'our' people.