The RN is getting weaker - Another Discovery5 Naval whine

For all out there who think that the RN is in a satisfactory state of affairs I would point you to the Daily Telegraph today. The defence cuts are having a such an effect on the Navy that three out of four warships cannot go to sea. If you do not agree I would be very surprised.

For all out there who think that the RN is in a satisfactory state of affairs I would point you to the Daily Telegraph today. The defence cuts are having a such an effect on the Navy that three out of four warships cannot go to sea. If you do not agree I would be very surprised.
Are you another clone of Robert5 and his many aliases? Always looking to troll and do down our fine RN.

Have a look at Navy News and where the fleet is deployed currently and you will see a different picture.

The Daily Telegraph is wrong. Point blank lies.

Wherever this obsession of lambasting the poor sods keeping the RN at sea has come from I don't know but it really f*ks me off.

What complete bollox. All he is looking at is the red units actually deployed.

The units in AMP or under FOST can deploy very quickly if required.

From the list above there are only 3 ships laid up, the rest are at some point in their normal life cycle.

The Telegraph has spun a normal situation into one that alarms civvies and does nothing for Jack's morale if he believes the article.

Balanced reporting???? My arse.

HMS Ocean is currently undergoing repairs and will be very late arriving in the West Indies. It is no good shouting at me for saying that the RN and other services are suffering because of defence cuts. You should start giving the Government a hard time. Tell them to stop spending money from the foreign aid budget on countries that are better off than we are and spend a bit more on the defences of this country.. A really good assessment of the state of the RN is in September issue of Warship Magazine page 7. If you refuse to believe that's not my problem.

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
HMS Ocean is currently undergoing repairs and will be very late arriving in the West Indies. It is no good shouting at me for saying that the RN and other services are suffering because of defence cuts. You should start giving the Government a hard time. Tell them to stop spending money from the foreign aid budget on countries that are better off than we are and spend a bit more on the defences of this country.. A really good assessment of the state of the RN is in September issue of Warship Magazine page 7. If you refuse to believe that's not my problem.
She may be broken down but remains the Royal Navy's Flagship.

So what have YOU done about it?

G

guestm

People don't agree because it's factually incorrect. Plus, it always helps if you want to post in current affairs to not only link the article you're referring to, and also apply some reasoned personal perspective. Not just lob a few contentious lines and retreat.

Barged, get a better hobby.

So what have YOU done about it?
Posted a thread about some article in a paper without adding any substance or a link, cried into the mirror whilst applying his long left-him wife's lipstick and drank himself to sleep.

I read Warship magazine(for some reason, I get it free. Cheers easy) and they seem to have their own agenda with regard the RN. Ie. All other Navies good, RN bad.

Seadog

War Hero
The best asset for the Caribbean HADR task was on scene as soon as it was safe to do so. An LSDA with a flight, full of Marines, Army Engineers, serious equipment and stores and the RFA's ME and Systems Engineers trumps a FF/DD with a wheelbarrow, shovel and case of Evian.

When a journalist quotes "a source" he or she is referring to his or her own arrse.

The Navy is not in a good place at the moment but the article is flawed and smacks of sloppy journalism and agenda.

I know not what or where Her Maj's war canoes are or what they are engaged in.
BUT!
Journalists as an occupation have to be the harbingers of doom and gloom on any subject. Truth and journalism are not words than have a working relationship. They try and become experts on any given subject without having one iota of what it is they are writing about.
Journalists are the dregs of their profession and should be ignored unless buying you a beer!

@Seadog the source you talk of is what they order at the bar, it helps to loosen the bullshit Vv and dampens any conscience they had at writing a decent or truthful well researched article

Seadog

War Hero
Some years (7) ago, in an official capacity, I gave a low level interview to a journalist. What he published was an approximation of what I'd said and made me sound like a bigger cock than I actually am. The journo was just crap, no agenda detected.

Done a few interviews with these zoids. If you say what they don't what to hear or isn't in line with their agenda's it doesn't get aired. They have total power over what we read and view. Tell them the worlds doomed and we're all going to die - it'll be expanded upon and given world coverage.
Gits, the lot of them.