The right to be offensive ? / Fat gate.

taffscrivs

War Hero
JC always comes across to me as a sort of freedom fighter, a Che Guevera type figure. Or an ancestor of Capt. James T Kirk,as he was beamed up!

mikh

MIA
Normal course of events on Remembrance Sunday in my neck of the wood, is march to the cenotaph, upon completion there, many head off to the church but a good % of the Vets (mainly the older ones) had to the nearest holy watering hole. A little different for me this year, though, attended a village one with the cadets in the morning.march cancelled, church and cenotaph only due to a bit of a blow) then down to the Legion for the town one to have its march cancelled due to the bit of a blow getting worse, as attending church once a year is once more than I like to, I did not attend the afternoon service, got, but most of the old and bold who would normally not attend the service did so.

fishhead

War Hero
I have often heard and used myself in other contexts the phrase "the truth hurts". Obese people know they are obese and don't need telling. They know the obvious cure to obesity much the same as smokers know what they have to do to stop smoking. People do not react well to any kind of bullying and it may strengthen their resolve to keep on doing what they are doing rather than give the bullies a small victory.
Over a period of years the adjective "fat" has been used less and leas when referring to an overweight person so the word "big" is now used as apparently it causes less offence even though it boils down to the same thing.
Personally I have a little trouble with euphemisms and being a PSOF find myself wanting to be honest rather than tiptoe around someone's sensibilities.

G

guestm

I ******* hate fat people. I might get some cards printed up.

Sumo

War Hero
All I can hope is they hand me one, my avatar gives my shape away, I failed all my Naval medicals on weight, I was even 2.5 stone over weight on my joining medical but due to my sports as a lad Judo 7 days a week, weights 4-5 days a week and Rugby (prop) I was fairly fit, now with many injuries I have acquired many more pounds but still get to the gym 3 – 4 times a week and walk my dog for miles, granted no longer as aggressive in the gym as in the past, so under this fat exterior there is a bit of hidden muscle and power, so I hope they would not be offended by a smack in the gob, from a mobile ish 20 stone + fledgling, remember all the top rugby players are classed as clinically obese.

My doc sent me on a weight management course, which was very interesting and sad why some had gained so much weight mine was easy, when I stopped heavy combat sport I did not eat like a rabbit, now working on that. Most were socially shy and because of this bullied at some stage in life, so would eat for comfort not always obsessively just wrong food balance, some were on the poorer end of society who could not afford the best cuts of meat or quality food, they were trying their best to feed their families, some just needed educating on different options, I just needed a kick *********** and get to the gym more. So if you have not walked in those shoe try not to judge.

I have some fickle family members who used to be all skinny size 6 -8, they took the pee out of all who were larger, a few years down the line and a few kids, they are no longer that small so now say look at her far too skinny to be health?

Rant over for now

G

guestm

Americans in attempting to justify obesity shocker.

'Fat gene' be damned. All my family are fat, probably clinically obese. I'm not because I don't eat shit and do all manner of phyz. 9% body fat yo.

Eat less. Move more. It really isn't science you fat ****.

Sumo

War Hero
It is good to see that when pig ignorance is required to understand anything we can rely on you, the research was done in Europe the yanks are just piggy backing. You forget as a matelot well WAFU anyway, JFH I know you do not even call him a real WAFU, that your outlook on life is different; do you still think that PC has one meaning which has a keyboard?

When you leave the Mob you will learn, or in your case probably not, that all are not made like service personnel and the world is made up with strange creatures called civvies, which are all very different, at that stage in life you will need to cull your tongue, or go for a service environment job.

Or stay on this site where most do not give a shit what you say anyway

You skinny, imitation Lycra wearing tosser

slim

War Hero
Sumo
As a fat bastard I believe that Monty and everyone else has a right to their opinion.
As a fat bastard I admit that the reason I am overweight is due to my diet and not exercising sufficiently.
However as a fat bastard I have enjoyed life and would not change a thing, the food, the booze and everything else that has enriched my life.
When (if) Monty P manages to reach the age of 70 then (if I am still around ) his advice may be genuine, however most of my mates who have been thin & healthy have not managed to reach this age.:(
Fat Twats Rule OK:p

Sumo

War Hero
Sumo
As a fat bastard I believe that Monty and everyone else has a right to their opinion.
As a fat bastard I admit that the reason I am overweight is due to my diet and not exercising sufficiently.
However as a fat bastard I have enjoyed life and would not change a thing, the food, the booze and everything else that has enriched my life.
When (if) Monty P manages to reach the age of 70 then (if I am still around ) his advice may be genuine, however most of my mates who have been thin & healthy have not managed to reach this age.:(
Fat Twats Rule OK:p

Agree with you slim

A yank survey some years back by their insurance industry found that those one did not spend all the spare time trying to stay on perfect weight and super fit, and were 10 – 20 % over weight, taking moderate exercise, were living longer, so being good insurance money grabbers they changed the skinny fit things policies into an higher risk category?

G

guestm

Sumo.

You appear to be very sensitive about your weight, it's a sign you're ashamed of it which is good. First step: Acceptance.

Anyway, fatness is becoming acceptable these days, look at the state of people. Fat shaming with cards on the tube is probably a bit too harsh but I'm all for some painful truths.

It is good to see that when pig ignorance is required to understand anything we can rely on you, the research was done in Europe the yanks are just piggy backing. You forget as a matelot well WAFU anyway, JFH I know you do not even call him a real WAFU, that your outlook on life is different; do you still think that PC has one meaning which has a keyboard?

When you leave the Mob you will learn, or in your case probably not, that all are not made like service personnel and the world is made up with strange creatures called civvies, which are all very different, at that stage in life you will need to cull your tongue, or go for a service environment job.

Or stay on this site where most do not give a shit what you say anyway

You skinny, imitation Lycra wearing tosser
Why am I being dragged into it!!! :(

True, he is just a dabber in disguise.

Through my determination this year and keeping the running going I am nearly 3 stone lighter and a lot fitter that in January. It just needs a bit of motivation and willpower.