The Red Sailor

Teecy said:
Hi all any chance of of getting a lend of it read it out in Singapore in 1966 would love to read it again thanks :lol:
Sorry no can do . Handing it back to Red Sailor in Liverpool, it is promised to the Submariners their.

I have a copy of The Red Sailor. I've had it for yonks and had trouble finding it again.

I am willing to let you have it on the undestanding that you pass it on to the next who wants to read it.

It is one of the few books written from a matelot's point of view and is very true to life as I remember it in the Far East.

JohnP

JohnP said:
I have a copy of The Red Sailor. I've had it for yonks and had trouble finding it again.

I am willing to let you have it on the undestanding that you pass it on to the next who wants to read it.

It is one of the few books written from a matelot's point of view and is very true to life as I remember it in the Far East.

JohnP
Nice touch John P, me and Pedro ( Red Sailor) like that :wink:

Tried to find it on Amazon as it's a while since I read it,price? £125.00! Want to read that again? £125.00 so I think I'll give it a miss.
It was a great book but not £125.00 great

w.anchor said:
Can any one help me find a copy of the Red Sailor by Patrick O'Hara .First published 1963, last published by Panther books 1971.
Ive tried Amazon and eBay with no joy.[/quote

Try to get your hands on 'Nomad' or 'Sailor of fortune' about the life of Charles John Mc Guinness. Think you'd enjoy it.

I have a copy. Took me years to find it. My last copy was never returned.
Willing to send it to you as long as you are willing to send it back to me in Canada

I have an original hardback," Red Sailor", printed 1963. An oppo of mine lent me it in '64. Well worn and sacred. I also have John Whelan's, "Home is the Sailor", hardback 1957. And also another good dit.
An original "Sand Pebbles". These are good stories. I remember seeing Sand Pebbles at the cinema in Vic barracks, Pompey. In the middle sixties. Being an ex-stoker (is there such a beast?) we were all hooting and catcalling every time Jake (the hero) mentioned his love for the engine-room,etc. Mind you the book is better than the movie. There is a big cult following on the internet. Not trying to blackcat anyone.
Slinger

Last edited:
I have an original hardback," Red Sailor", printed 1963. An oppo of mine lent me it in '64. Well worn and sacred. I also have John Whelan's, "Home is the Sailor", hardback 1957. And also another good dit.
An original "Sand Pebbles". These are good stories. I remember seeing Sand Pebbles at the cinema in Vic barracks, Pompey. In the middle sixties. Being an ex-stoker (is there such a beast?) we were all hooting and catcalling every time Jake (the hero) mentioned his love for the engine-room,etc. Mind you the book is better than the movie. There is a big cult following on the internet. Not trying to blackcat anyone.
Slinger
Liff Stim , Ded Stim .