The Red Sailor - auction for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines charity

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Mongke's_Fist, May 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good morning folks. We have managed to get our hands on this much sought after Naval classic and it is now up for auction here: The Red Sailor - Patrick O'Hara | eBay
    All profit of this sale will go towards our running total raised for The Royal Navy and Royal Marines charity so what better reason to finally get your hands on it?

Good luck and happy bidding!

Last edited: May 25, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. No. States this listing has been removed

3. Edited, how now?

4. 10 bids so far, current being £7.50. cannot see it being anywhere near that come the close

5. I've just thrown some 'ackers' at it....how high can it go? Might just keep throwing a few quid at it just for the hell of it....good cause, so 'git er done'!

6. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

It will now cost you £151 to outbid me. I wonder if anyone has any spuds?

7. I could bid on my own donated book and doubly see myself off for shits and giggles. I'll see how it goes.

8. witsend

Who is this trying to outbid me?

9. witsend

I think if I win it I'll have a Nazis style book burning. I've already read it and was disappointed with the ending. Being saved by the RAF was just not cool. So if you want to save the last ever, ever, ever copy, you know what to do.

10. Depends what you want ...if you have to have it to **** over then make a bid...

If you just want a good read..order it from your local library...it has a better ending...
    he is last seen treading water off the coast of Korea, trying to blow up a carly float...

11. witsend

O'dear charity dips out. I'm going to have to ask to withdraw my bid incase anyone thinks I'm going to rub myself senseless to a 60's novel.

12. Just bid for it you belm. I don't want it and the money goes to a good cause.

13. Bidding is currently at a brilliant £92. Great effort so far, thankyou!

There is still plenty of time to go, remember all money from this sale will go to the Royal Navy and Royal Marines charity by way of our fundraising page so please get yourself a collectors item whilst also doing great things and making a significant donation to a great cause.

Thanks again.

14. Mmmm i still need to donate to the cause above and i weally, weally, weally want this book.

Time to setup an Ebay account and join the battle of the bids!

15. Surely with your fighting knowledge you can afford it too having won a princely sum at the bookies yesterday with a Froch / Hardy double? All the cool kids did ;-)

16. My fighting knowledge was..errrm lacking yesterday. Bloody Froch and his superdooperfists of death.

17. witsend

£151 and you might be in with a shout.

18. Well...will leave it to you 'Baron's....now too rich for my impoverished pension. I'll just have to kill someone for a copy instead. Where did you say you lived Wits?

19. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I'm out as well SP still I've got first dabs on it when Wits wins (still no bloody smilie smilie)

20. witsend

Unfortunately I'm off on my adventures before the auction ends. So I won't be able to counter any hostile bids if you pair decide to put your pennies together.

If I win you're out of luck lads. I'll be filming the burning in a 'Pathe' style classic moment.

Last edited: May 28, 2012