The Real Diamond Lil's

imom1406

War Hero
I recently went back to Plymouth (for the first time in many years). And i'm sorry if i seem a little melancholy, but i took a stroll down Union Street.......dear god , what has happened.

No Boobs!, No Diamond Lil's.......I could cry at the state of a place that should have been protected as National Heritage site.

And where has the Royal Marine School of Modern Dance gone???

I loved Diamond Lil's...or the Last Resort as we come to know it as....

excuse me it's a bit smokey in here...my eyes seem to be watering!
 

Darb

Lantern Swinger
Union Strasse just isn't Union Strasse without Diamond Lils. Our watering hole used to be the Two Twigs - is that still there? What about the Groin Exchange down the Barbican?

Some while ago on Sky I watched an episode of "The Hardest Pubs in Britain". The featured pub was the Avondale just opposite St Levens Gate. I had to laugh!
 

imom1406

War Hero
gizawetofyagoffaskin said:
Union Strasse just isn't Union Strasse without Diamond Lils. Our watering hole used to be the two Twigs - is that still there?

Some while ago on Sky I watched an episode of "The Hardest Pubs in Britain". The featured pub was the Avondale just opposite St Levens Gate. I had to laugh!

I didn't notice the Trees, i was probably crying by then!! It looks a bit like it did when they bombed the church!!
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
BOOB'S WAS BURNT DOWN!!!

That was a sad sad day, sitting in the buffer's shack at drake :cry:
 
Jenny_Dabber said:
BOOB'S WAS BURNT DOWN!!!

That was a sad sad day, sitting in the buffer's shack at drake :cry:

Did it not happen during Op Fresco (last firemans strike) and the Green Goddess crews could not put it out??

Anyway it is all by the by

Beasties in Pompey outshone Lils by a clear measured mile.
*dons hard hat and awaits incomming flack from Guzz pointy heads*
 

imom1406

War Hero
I was born in Pompey....and was drafted to Guzz...i have experienced both Beasties (sitting on the lap of a hairy moustacheiod booty sergeant in drag...him not me) and Lil's(sitting on the lap a woman who looked like a hairy moustacheiod booty sergeant in drag)

And Lil' was far more classy!!!
 
D

Deleted 7

Guest
fishmiester said:
Jenny_Dabber said:
BOOB'S WAS BURNT DOWN!!!

That was a sad sad day, sitting in the buffer's shack at drake :cry:

Did it not happen during Op Fresco (last firemans strike) and the Green Goddess crews could not put it out??

Anyway it is all by the by

Beasties in Pompey outshone Lils by a clear measured mile.
*dons hard hat and awaits incomming flack from Guzz pointy heads*

No, it was before that I think, actually not too sure I was hanging out my hoop or still drunk at the time.
 

dondon

MIA
TattooDog said:
gizawetofyagoffaskin said:
What about the Groin Exchange down the Barbican?

The GX was apparently burnt down - seems to happen a lot in Plymouth!

Yep it does happen a lot in Plymouth , it happened to the Royal Marine in Efford , the Brown Bear in Devonport , the Blue Monkey in Higher St Budeaux , and Mr Harrys rings a bell [not to sure though] only used to go there to spot the Lesbians before anyone gets the wrong idea , must be a couple of insurance jobs in there , :roll: :roll:
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top