The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Sumo

War Hero
Times were hard in those days, but almost every day was a new adventure, glad I'm not a kid now.
school hols after breakfast mother would kick us out the door to go and entertain ourselves for the day, mostly reappear for Dinner missing out on lunch?
not and electric gadget insight

taffscrivs

War Hero
Early sixties us kids, all ten or eleven years old, built an eight wheeler cart,(trucks we called 'em) out of a twelve foot ladder and two old coach built pram chassis.' We lived on a mile long lane, quite steep, and that truck was a flyer! A dozen kids, boys and girls, onboard and hardly any motor traffic in those days, great fun!
Then me and two mates found an abandoned BSA Bantam at the local tip and managed to get it going, suddenly trucks were old hat, been a motorbike nut ever since.

Last edited:

Drakey

War Hero
Does anybody have the number for Oxfam?We just got next year's water bill for £561,and then heard on TV that Oxfam can supply a family with water for just £2 a month.
I am definitely changing our suppliers.....
You should too.

fishhead

War Hero
Does anybody have the number for Oxfam?We just got next year's water bill for £561,and then heard on TV that Oxfam can supply a family with water for just £2 a month.
I am definitely changing our suppliers.....
You should too.
Bugger that ,I'm not moving to Africa even for cheaper water.