The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Taztiff

War Hero
I think you'll find that was a TTB from a 4.5" Mk8 , HE(VT) from a GSA4 system sent through a time portal from the late 1980's.
Mary Poppins was always a target for Type 21 gunnery.
Ahh! Those were the days!
Once had an argument with a CPO(OPS)(M) who didnt believe that VT stood for Variable Time - 'How can time be variable?' said he.
Same CPO(OPS)(M) made a complaint that the LAS wasn't indicating correctly at SOCs, when I laid all the BR's on his desk to explain the error of his ways he complained to the WEO!! Cheek!! Just cuz I was only a PO (see @Ballistic 's previous post regarding belief at certain seniority levels).
(GSA4 - hated doing the maintenance on the EFCB. Always took ages to line up all the mechanical bits to get the front back on.)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
(GSA4 - hated doing the maintenance on the EFCB. Always took ages to line up all the mechanical bits to get the front back on.)
//Thread drift//

You should have seen the 'original' Sonar 2001. It was full of big brass cogs and things in the cabs. In the sound room, the main picture was a projected photo on a large screen. This of course meant lots of stuff to be set up and aligned, lots of chemicals (to develop the film before projection) and lots of swearing. Pre sea checks were a seriously unfunny time. My chief had a perfect test picture that he would wedge in the projection gate to prove to the WEO or TASO how well it was all set up........

Sinle ping Vasili.

//As you were//

Sumo

War Hero
//Thread drift//

You should have seen the 'original' Sonar 2001. It was full of big brass cogs and things in the cabs. In the sound room, the main picture was a projected photo on a large screen. This of course meant lots of stuff to be set up and aligned, lots of chemicals (to develop the film before projection) and lots of swearing. Pre sea checks were a seriously unfunny time. My chief had a perfect test picture that he would wedge in the projection gate to prove to the WEO or TASO how well it was all set up........

Sinle ping Vasili.

//As you were//
None of that on 2020, on one sea checks operator says, I cannot hear anything, standard dits, Chops, new operator this ones broke?
He was telling the truth? sodding contractor had done a mod and had screwed up the audio auto switch of to protect operators ears, 90secs after switch on it cut in and would not reset. All in hand in boats (WE S/R's) around the clock for 4 days, found and fixed with Sellotape, until contractor could fix board.

Aligning beer pump and removing air from pipes, now that was tricky, especially when required to keep tasting CSB was OK, could take hours? :) ;)