The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

This chap used to be in my team (about 3 years ago), top bloke. He's just won Mr World. I take credit for his fame as on the first day I handed him a tin of polish and some brushes and told him to give his shoes a clean. Me and my ex Army mate took great pleasure in watching him try and open the tin :)

Seriously he's worked hard to win it and good luck to him.

Sumo

War Hero
Ah, RAF Mountbatten, home to the Marine Branch.
Had a great time down there in the late 60's.
The ground plot is still the same including Jetty. Accommodation blocks gone. Area to left of jetty, is a green, an hotel and some private houses. The jetty is used for the annual world fire work display.

Sumo

War Hero
Pissed of with phone, SW told me phone not working, reset, did mocha get, had to do factory reset, phone book now empty? :(

Scran_Bag

Lantern Swinger
The ground plot is still the same including Jetty. Accommodation blocks gone. Area to left of jetty, is a green, an hotel and some private houses. The jetty is used for the annual world fire work display.
Sadly I've been back a couple of times...........as you say, much change. The New Inn in Turnchapel is now a "trendy" bistro style bar, Not my kind of place any more. :confused:

Sumo

War Hero
Sadly I've been back a couple of times...........as you say, much change. The New Inn in Turnchapel is now a "trendy" bistro style bar, Not my kind of place any more. :confused:
I walk around the area often, and up to the fort with my dogs.
When at Cambridge I used to play rugby for RAF Mountbatten..
When we used you lot as targets, as a rule we never aimed to hit, normally 50=100yards above or below, but I am sure that looked close if wrong vessel chosen as target;)

Scran_Bag

Lantern Swinger
I walk around the area often, and up to the fort with my dogs.
When at Cambridge I used to play rugby for RAF Mountbatten..
When we used you lot as targets, as a rule we never aimed to hit, normally 50=100yards above or below, but I am sure that looked close if wrong vessel chosen as target;)
You were supposed to be aiming at the towed targets, not the launch pulling them. ;)

Taztiff

War Hero
You were supposed to be aiming at the towed targets, not the launch pulling them. ;)
Wheres the fun in that?
:D

On a side note, I was travelling back to rejoin the ship in the Windies after my son was born. Met up with Squadron WEO in Brize Norton. He was going out to the ship to witness a Seawolf shoot off Rosy Roads.

He informs me the shoot may not go ahead as the 'mericans were going through a spate of believing the aircraft pushed the target through the sky and kept picking the wrong point of aim!

BillyNoMates

War Hero
I'm in the kitchen painting. WolfPackLeader is in the front room. The TV is on.
I hear, "so, I'll spread a pound of butter all over my thighs....."
Stopped painting and went to investigate...
sounded interesting.
Nope. She's watching the Cooking Channel and some Yank gronk is massaging a load of chicken with the US equivalent of a block of Lurpak.

Back to the gloss.