The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Going to Gib 19th Sept until 22nd with Brother in law who's coming all the way from Oz. Getting all excited about setting foot on the place after more than thirty odd years. Let's do a bit of a reminiscing.

skyvet

GCM
Going to Gib 19th Sept until 22nd with Brother in law who's coming all the way from Oz. Getting all excited about setting foot on the place after more than thirty odd years. Let's do a bit of a reminiscing.
Do me a favour please Billy - pop into the Scotch Bar and see if I left my sunglasses in there in '66 :cool:

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Do me a favour please Billy - pop into the Scotch Bar and see if I left my sunglasses in there in '66 :cool:
If it's still there I will. By the way, I've just promised (via a UK/OZ phone call) to get B. I. L. rinsed on JC' s.
Recipie please - can't be arsed to Google it.

Ta ever so,

Billy. XXX

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
If i remember rightly

find a grippo - or poof living in Gib with money

gin
angostura bitters (swirled around bottom of glass)
lemon squash undiluted
soda water
ice
lemon/lime garnish

??

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
We'll be in the Holiday Inn after 1400 19/9/19 if any overseas ex pats in the vicinity want to come and sink a few?
Be careful what you wish for.......... ;)

Re the JCs - hardly anyone knows how to make them now. Charles from The Hole in the Wall has put his recipe up on 'Jackspeak' several times - the Hole is now closed.

My recipe, based on Charles is:
Pint glass (yes, really!)
Cover bottom in bitters
Splash of lime juice (Roses)
Gin up to bottom of handle (or more!)
Lump of ice
Can of cloudy lemonade
Top off with tonic

Might not be 100% genuine, but tastes really good and works for me!

You'll find Gib very, VERY different to the last time you visited - trust me! Although the Bristol Hotel hasn't changed at all since the first time I stayed there on a boat! Main St will be awash with grockles off the cruise ships until tea time, when they all go back onboard. Rooke has long gone and is now an almost complete series of tower blocks. GATC harbour is a coach park. The playing field is now a garden. You can stroll right through what was the dockyard - apart from the small remaining Pusser's bit.

Donkey's flip flop and Grumpy Monk still there, but expensive - UK prices. Yet you can buy a litre bottle of Woods for £4.50 on Main St!

If you go into La Linea be careful....... it is like Dodge City at the moment with drug gangs (allegedly). Take your Rolex off and put on a Casio! Cash in sock etc.

Jacobus

Lantern Swinger
Be careful what you wish for.......... ;)

Re the JCs - hardly anyone knows how to make them now. Charles from The Hole in the Wall has put his recipe up on 'Jackspeak' several times - the Hole is now closed.

My recipe, based on Charles is:
Pint glass (yes, really!)
Cover bottom in bitters
Splash of lime juice (Roses)
Gin up to bottom of handle (or more!)
Lump of ice
Can of cloudy lemonade
Top off with tonic

Might not be 100% genuine, but tastes really good and works for me!

You'll find Gib very, VERY different to the last time you visited - trust me! Although the Bristol Hotel hasn't changed at all since the first time I stayed there on a boat! Main St will be awash with grockles off the cruise ships until tea time, when they all go back onboard. Rooke has long gone and is now an almost complete series of tower blocks. GATC harbour is a coach park. The playing field is now a garden. You can stroll right through what was the dockyard - apart from the small remaining Pusser's bit.

Donkey's flip flop and Grumpy Monk still there, but expensive - UK prices. Yet you can buy a litre bottle of Woods for £4.50 on Main St!

If you go into La Linea be careful....... it is like Dodge City at the moment with drug gangs (allegedly). Take your Rolex off and put on a Casio! Cash in sock etc.
All true