The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
what if the landlord does a sneaky and puts them out as freebies on the bar in a bowl, your pissed you know you will be tempted ? ;)
I wouldn't eat anything that anyone had put on a bar for free. Blokes never wash their hands after they've been for a piss.

Sumo

War Hero
I wouldn't eat anything that anyone had put on a bar for free. Blokes never wash their hands after they've been for a piss.
sawn a program that looked at that sort of stuff, they analysed a bar peanut bowl and found 17 + different urine samples, a place I used in barrow used to put them in a bottle so you had to empty them on to your hand?

Ballistic

War Hero
Landlady in my local puts cheese and mini crackers on the bar on Sunday lunchtime.
I always make sure I'm the first to sample them - as soon as anyone else sticks their mitts in there I'm done...
...especially when children start slobbering over the goodies :eek:

taffscrivs

War Hero
There are plenty of unhygenic actions in the food and catering world.
Why do those arty farty Michelin starred chefs wipe around their creation on a plate with a dishcloth that's been hanging off their apron strings and dangling by their arse? Dirty bastards!

In my days as a beat walking plod (a rarity these days), popping in to a cafe, eatery etc on the beat for a cuppa tended to educate one. Some of the kitchens were minging, as were some of the practices by staff. Remember being moved to a city centre beat one night shift and was taken in to a rather posh fish restaurant by the regular beat cop for a cuppa. They had a night watchman, who took us through to the kitchen. Overflowing garbage bins, dirty counter tops, cooking utensils etc. If only the plebs who paid Maga spondolies for their fancy meals could see the kitchen. Makes you think twice about eating out even today......;)

taffscrivs

War Hero
Apparently a local restaurant owner has been fined for employing an illegal immigrant worker.
When interviewed the worker said he had comfortable accomodation and washing facilities.
He was sleeping in the airing cupboard on the tablecloths and napkins and using the washing up sink as a bath!