The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Sumo

War Hero
I thought you’d already had plenty of that while submerged?
But doc never gave us the results?
In fact went to a minor radiation course at INM and they had all of my dosimeter reading, if they told the truth, I would have be radiated more on the surface, hence sun dodgers? Radiation monitoring point 13 was in my kit by my head in my rack. When I say kit lock don’t thing skimmer think large shoe box?

WreckerL

War Hero
You get more radiation sat on a beach in Cornwall (other counties are available), worse on Dartmoor surrounded by granite tors. radiation monitoring equipment is calibrated in screened rooms for that very reason, background radiation affects the calibration.

Wightsparker

War Hero
You get more radiation sat on a beach in Cornwall (other counties are available), worse on Dartmoor surrounded by granite tors. radiation monitoring equipment is calibrated in screened rooms for that very reason, background radiation affects the calibration.

I seem to recall INM had screening material consisting of steel from the battleship HMS Vanguard. Produced before the first atomic bomb explosion, it doesn't contain traces of radioactivity found in steel produced later.
True or bluff?