The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
Either the Chad journos learnt their trade with the Wail or someone is spinning a gash dit!
According to the article Ian would have been 11 at the time of the incident so taking a rough stab in the dark and assuming that it's a gen dit I'm guessing he might actually be 71 rather than 61!!

Knotty

Lantern Swinger
in my book 61 - 45 = 16 just saying like
:p
Yes Sumo, depends how you read the article. It says 45 years ago which would make Ian 16 but then states that the incident occurred in 1968. I went with the 1968 figure which is 50 years ago which would make Ian 11 at the time. Also how many qualified Submariners would be 16 and at sea at that time, perhaps if they joined at 15 I suppose it could happen..! Very fishy

Yes Sumo, depends how you read the article. It says 45 years ago which would make Ian 16 but then states that the incident occurred in 1968. I went with the 1968 figure which is 50 years ago which would make Ian 11 at the time. Also how many qualified Submariners would be 16 and at sea at that time, perhaps if they joined at 15 I suppose it could happen..! Very fishy
his missile hatch, said load of bollocks

Well I for one am pleased that none of you have confirmed the existence of these missile tubes. That's another little well kept secret nobody is aware of.

Re the 360 bit, he's probably confusing surfacing in the 'old days' which involved doing 360 or indeed 720 degrees (albeit in the horizontal plane) for various reasons. Like the missile tubes, I won't discuss them here!

Well I for one am pleased that none of you have confirmed the existence of these missile tubes. That's another little well kept secret nobody is aware of.

Re the 360 bit, he's probably confusing surfacing in the 'old days' which involved doing 360 or indeed 720 degrees (albeit in the horizontal plane) for various reasons. Like the missile tubes, I won't discuss them here!
Perhaps by missile tubes, they mean they stuck the smallest bloke onboard up an SSE?