The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

There's been some lowlife called Carl going around breaking into people's houses near me for months, but the police have really struggled to catch him or get any evidence. The weird thing is he was breaking in stealing washing machine parts and selling them on. Anyway I just found out that he's been found dead in a nearby alley, drug overdose apparently. It's never nice hearing of someone's death, but there is a bright side to all this,, washing machines live longer with Carl gone .........
Where is that groan button?

If you like a laugh, and rock music, be aware of Jasper Carrot's latest tour. It started in Shanklin, IOW, this evening, and the reception he received was fantastic. This was his first appearance since recent heart surgery, and the performance was superb.

(and yes, he and his supporting group - also first class - performed the Funky Moped)

Last edited:
There's been some lowlife called Carl going around breaking into people's houses near me for months, but the police have really struggled to catch him or get any evidence. The weird thing is he was breaking in stealing washing machine parts and selling them on. Anyway I just found out that he's been found dead in a nearby alley, drug overdose apparently. It's never nice hearing of someone's death, but there is a bright side to all this,, washing machines live longer with Carl gone .........
Don't get it. :confused:

If you like a laugh, and rock music, be aware of Jasper Carrot's latest tour. It started in Shanklin, IOW, this evening, and the reception he received was fantastic. This was his first appearance since recent heart surgery, and the performance was superb.

(and yes, he and his supporting group - also first class - performed the Funky Moped)
Saw him at the Pompy Guildhall in about 78. We went back stage to meet him afterwards (I am from the Black Country originally and my mate was a Brummie). Really nice bloke. Still got the autographed photo in the loft somewhere :D

huwshpis

Lantern Swinger
Dredd only watches the BBC don't yer know...
We weren't allowed to watch ITV when we were kids.
I suffered from that restriction, made worse because my mates all were allowed to watch ITV. Mind you, both my parents and grandparents could remember having long wire aerials in the garden and using a cat’s whisker and crystal to listen to 2LO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was only allowed to watch ITV, the BBC was never on when I was a kid. Mind you, it took about 15 minutes for the set to warm up before you got a picture (amongst much aerial tweaking).

My parents bought their first colour telly the day I joined up, immediately after putting me on the train to Ipswich! Their excuse was they wanted to watch Princess Anne's (first) wedding in colour as she got tied up the day after I joined..yeah, right :rolleyes:

My parents bought their first colour telly the day I joined up, immediately after putting me on the train to Ipswich! Their excuse was they wanted to watch Princess Anne's (first) wedding in colour as she got tied up the day after I joined..yeah, right :rolleyes:
Me too! My father's reason, he was colour blind and didn't see the point of a colour TV.

We didn't have a television. When I was little I would nail my pet guinea pig to the top of the wireless that we had,
switch it on and pretend I was watching "Tales of the river bank"

We had a colour TV back in the 60, first one in our area,back then the radio and TV time stated which programmes were in colour, so wewatched any old crap as long as it was colour. My old man probably got it forthe 66 world cup, and then found it was in black and white?
Used to see TV repair man on a regular basis to keepretuning the valves, my old man crossed the bar in 07, I found going throughhis paper work that he had been renting his TV all the time?
I was going to bin the company and buy mother a TV, but she wouldn’tpart with what the old man had arranged, so I arranged a major discount fromthe robbing Barstewards.

My parents got a colour TV in the late 60s. In retrospect it seemed enormous, but the picture was probably smaller than most of today's flat-screen TVs. Having colour was pretty impressive at the time, having been weaned on fuzzy black and white classics such as Robin Hood, The Buccaneers. The Lone Ranger etc. However, British programmes seemed to have more realistic colours than American ones. It may have simply been a technical issue of converting Septic to UK format, but you had to squint sometimes at the garish hues in The High Chaparral and Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In. But being able to drool over Goldie Hawn made it bearable.