The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Where does it say he ONLY gave extra coaching sessions to female sailors? He may well have done the same for male sailors but they didn't complain about it. There's no suggestion at all that he did anything untoward but the guy gets slammed because someone didn't feel 'comfortable' :rolleyes:
Mmmm - The clue lies within the news story:
"There are suggestions he invited a number of female sailors into his cabin alone and this made them uncomfortable...He says the meetings were totally above board, that he was mentoring them and offering career development..."

Perhaps he'd have been on safer grounds if he'd been womentoring them instead of mentoring them...

BillyNoMates

War Hero
Where does it say he ONLY gave extra coaching sessions to female sailors? He may well have done the same for male sailors but they didn't complain about it. There's no suggestion at all that he did anything untoward but the guy gets slammed because someone didn't feel 'comfortable' :rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm out because I couldn't take all this bolleaux, where you have to second-guess the next complainant and their latest building of mountains from non-existent molehills.

Thank goodness it's a not a fighting service, or similar, where nasty people in a different gang might try and take away your rights to not being shot in the head.

My Eastern European dental hygienist is essence. Hot day so went to my appointment in me battle shorts. Spent 25 minutes or so with her hanging over me and had to put a mental image in my head of Margaret Thatcher getting her back doors hoofed in by Dennis. Not her fault whatsoever and likewise not mine either.
Why would a man so high up the navy ranking want to put his entire stretch in the mob in jeopardy? Granted - there's the odd wierdo here and there in every walk of life, but someone who signed for a really big f*ck off ship and some admirals stripes in the post??? Gimme a break.
Perhaps the a/c wasn't working properly in his quarters and he was sweating a bit.
Or he was talking to a female engineer and the subject of grease nipples came up.

I dunno. Glad I'm done with ALL full time employment. It's all f**king barmy.

mainbrace

Lantern Swinger

I'm glad I'm out because I couldn't take all this bolleaux, where you have to second-guess the next complainant and their latest building of mountains from non-existent molehills.

Thank goodness it's a not a fighting service, or similar, where nasty people in a different gang might try and take away your rights to not being shot in the head.
I heard that the skipper was hoping to coach them in knob polishing; quite a handy skill for lady sailors to have.

Sumo

War Hero

To be fare, the young ladies he was helping up the ladder were ok, it was the munters that didn't get an invite, were offended for the other ladies.
Remember having to help some young ladies up the ladder, main access ladder in Norway, they were struggling, but they seemed happy for the helping hands

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
@SONAR-BENDER what's your aircon set to?

We have no aircon. Open all the windows and doors, put the ceiling fans on and, yep, brilliant. We are right on the coast - I mean right on the coast, the water is about 100m away. So we do get the cooling effect from the sea. Also, there is a lovely cool breeze off the water every day as the land heats up.

We barely get above 32, 34 during the day. Granada just up the road had 47 the other day!

ETA - the story is partially true. Due to HUGE increases in the cost of electrickery here, which was already extortionate, malls and public areas have raised the temperature of the aircon.

Last edited:

Latest Threads