The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
SCAM on this site!
I've just noticed this morning that I'm picking up 'pop-up' type adverts which are appearing between some of the threads on Diamond Lil's site. The adverts show pictures of a device that plugs into a domestic 3 pin socket, accompanied by shite, such as 'Trick to cut power bill' together with a brand name of Motex. I Googled up Motex to find that it's a scam.
The device probably contains not much more than a capacitor which constitutes a very basic power factor correction device. I won't go into the maths, but contrary to the claims in the blurb, it will have minimal effect on a normal household's electricity bill and will not be worth the outlay.
Beware!
Ex-greenie.

I have a brilliant energy saving technique involving plugs - I don't connect them to sockets, so even if the switch is in the ON position, I am reassured it is not actually drawing power.

A lot of my kit works on kinetic energy as well, without needing electrical connection. Yet more saving!

I have a brilliant energy saving technique involving plugs - I don't connect them to sockets, so even if the switch is in the ON position, I am reassured it is not actually drawing power.

A lot of my kit works on kinetic energy as well, without needing electrical connection. Yet more saving!
Sounds like a brilliant new scam. You can start selling, "The air gap". Guaranteed to lower your electricity bills or your money back.

Sumo

War Hero

I have a similar saving device, it's called unplugging all the crap, phone chargers etc that the wife leaves plugged in, bit like your airgap method.