The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Topstop

War Hero
243076189_10216177762796843_6503668601010759308_n.jpg
July 1976 Groton CT. Those on the Boat got the Brief, as I flew out I missed it. Ended up in the Flamingo bar in Banks Street New London, was not the safest place to be, legged it and dived into the back of an El Camino being chased by a bunch of people with knives. A run and a half ashore that one. Going over the bridge on the 95(Freeway) back to Groton the guy in the passenger seat climbed out of the window across the bed and back in the drivers window

Last edited:

Waspie

War Hero
Likewise, final time was on the Iron Duke in Valparaiso in 2000. Brief was don't turn right out of the dockyard. First night in, with 4 other CPOs going ashore CCWEA says follow me I've been here before, right turn out of dockyard gate to the Louisiana Bar, the Joss was with us.
Most of the ships company spent time in that area with no problems. One night of the visit we'd been out for a mess meal as the CCMEAs were handing over, by the time we got there, the Louisiana Bar was rammed with most of the ships company from the Wardroom down. Once we'd got to the bar through the throng of pissed matelots and local ladies the Skipper was serving behind the bar!! He rose to become an Admiral
The Joss went SD and was I/C of the Combined school, my stepson was RMP and worked for him so I got him to ask his boss why he turned right out of dockyard in Valparaiso He went spare trying to work out how a RMP Staff Sergeant knew about one of his previous run ashores
Twas Split for me. Flight went to some bar on the outskirts of town. (Out of bounds - supposedly).
An hour later enter, Joss, Jimmy and skipper!!!!
It turned into a good night!!!! And no bollocking!

Waspie

War Hero
I really don't see were this sudden shortage of tanker drivers has come from.
Although we've had a driver shortage for years, tanker drivers are traditionally the highest paid and fuel firms were likely to have a waiting list of drivers, not a shortage.
Then the media concoct some tale that there could be queues at the pumps because of the driver shortage and every tosser with a car panics. If the likes of Charlie Stayte, Kate Garraway, that prick Campbell etc, would play down these mostly unfounded news stories, instead of blowing it out of all proportion, then life on the filling station forecourt would have stayed as normal.
Ah, the media. A law unto themselves.
Trouble is no-one takes these idiots to task.

Sumo

War Hero
Twas Split for me. Flight went to some bar on the outskirts of town. (Out of bounds - supposedly).
An hour later enter, Joss, Jimmy and skipper!!!!
It turned into a good night!!!! And no bollocking!
Some of the places we ended up, we would never have found them if they had not told us where they were, in their no go briefing.

Sumo

War Hero

Irn-Bru deliveries the latest to be hit by HGV driver shortage​

PA MediaCopyright: PA Media
AG Barr said it is facing "increased challenges" in delivering to customersImage caption: AG Barr said it is facing "increased challenges" in delivering to customers
Of course, the HGV driver shortage hasn't just been affecting the supply of petrol. In a stock market update, drinks company AG Barr warns it is facing difficulties with making deliveries of perhaps Scotland's most essential fuel - Irn-Bru

Quick get in there, before it's all gone, latest panic buy to hit the streets.

Alfacharlie

War Hero

AG Barr said it is facing "increased challenges" in delivering to customersImage caption: AG Barr said it is facing "increased challenges" in delivering to customers
Of course, the HGV driver shortage hasn't just been affecting the supply of petrol. In a stock market update, drinks company AG Barr warns it is facing difficulties with making deliveries of perhaps Scotland's most essential fuel - Irn-Bru

No work for me tomorrow. No fuel. *******. I’m gonna get shitfaced instead.

fishhead

War Hero
I really don't see where this sudden shortage of tanker drivers has come from.
Although we've had a driver shortage for years, tanker drivers are traditionally the highest paid and fuel firms were likely to have a waiting list of drivers, not a shortage.
Then the media concoct some tale that there could be queues at the pumps because of the driver shortage and every tosser with a car panics. If the likes of Charlie Stayte, Kate Garraway, that prick Campbell etc, would play down these mostly unfounded news stories, instead of blowing it out of all proportion, then life on the filling station forecourt would have stayed as normal.
The problem as I understand it was that there was never a shortage of drivers at BP but a reluctance of drivers to work for their outsourced transport provider called Hoyer. In effect is was industrial action due to poor terms and conditions.

taffscrivs

War Hero
The problem as I understand it was that there was never a shortage of drivers at BP but a reluctance of drivers to work for their outsourced transport provider called Hoyer. In effect is was industrial action due to poor terms and conditions.
That's probably right, whenever transport is outsourced the first ones to suffer are the drivers. From what I've heard on the grapevine a shakeup within Hoyer was long overdue.

Perry

Lantern Swinger
BP / Hoyer started the media off and then the Govt. spokesman blames the public!

Agreed some of them are being stupid but this is a problem created by BP and fuelled by the media (Swidt).

My eldest and his partner work for the ambulance service and have had to borrow my car so they can get to work.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero

No problem here! Crates of the stuff in both Tesco and Iceland in Fuengirola :cool: .

Luckily I have plenty in my fridge as it's a main ingredient for Voddy Girders!!

Latest Threads