The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

taffscrivs

War Hero
About time too, shame I retired last year! Mind you I still do the odd load part time so my rate will be going up....

taffscrivs

War Hero
It's about time the truck drivers' value was appreciated. Being paid the same hourly rate to take charge of perhaps 250 grands worth of truck and load as some oik collecting trolleys in a supermarket car park is an insult and should have been addressed years ago.

Stirlin

War Hero
It's about time the truck drivers' value was appreciated. Being paid the same hourly rate to take charge of perhaps 250 grands worth of truck and load as some oik collecting trolleys in a supermarket car park is an insult and should have been addressed years ago.
Any ideas of the rates over the pond Taff , they seem to appreciate their tradesmen a lot more than we do.

taffscrivs

War Hero
Any ideas of the rates over the pond Taff , they seem to appreciate their tradesmen a lot more than we do.
No idea if you mean The States Stirl, But Continent wise it's got to be pretty good money.
When we had foreign drivers they were mostly Romanian, Hungarian or Polish. No Frog or Hun drivers though so they are obviously on a much better pay deal and I know from my own experience that drivers are treated with much more respect and have far better facilities over the water. Years ago I worked with a chap who left us to work for Norbert Detrassangle based in France because that firm's pay and conditions were better over there than with their UK subsidiary.

Perry

Lantern Swinger
Yeah but pushing a shed load of trolleys with wonky wheels must be hard graft :cool:

Latest Threads