The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
We have a friend who lives in Cardiff. She was very excited to see a war canoe in the bay. Turns out it was Tyne, so I Googled a wee bit for her and found this........

HMS Tyne navigated the swirling waters of the Severn Estuary to enter the city of Cardiff for Armed Forces Day celebrations

My bold - I hope the ship's navigator was better than the RN Page writer...........

<<...In 1982, he set a record for sailing the smallest yacht across the Atlantic, making the trip in a craft just over 3m (9ft) long.

He reclaimed the record a year later after his original was beaten. Tom reduced the size of his yacht by taking a chainsaw to it, cutting off the back end before fitting a shorter one on.
Tom rowed the Atlantic again in 1987, this time completing the journey in 54 days.

*Then in 1990, he sailed from New York to Falmouth in an 11m (37ft) long boat shaped like a bottle.

Tom said: "After the bottle boat I thought I could do the crossing in a boat of pretty much any shape.
"My nickname in the Paras was Moby Dick because I kept spouting off - talking - so I thought why not a whale?"...>>

*Quite a character, had a very interesting yarn with him at the Earls Court Boat show ATT when his HP Sauce Bottle boat was on display.

Ballistic

War Hero
200326582_10225428194669009_442911576636941288_n.jpg