The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

BusterQuin

War Hero
‘Inspiration’ class, new name for type 31’s.....

Good to see HMS Active coming back into use, served on the previous one 92-94 during her final years of RN service before going onto the Pakistan Navy as PNS Shah Jahan where she was finally decommissioned last year and recently sunk in a missile test

Ballistic

War Hero
Good to see HMS Active coming back into use, served on the previous one 92-94 during her final years of RN service before going onto the Pakistan Navy as PNS Shah Jahan where she was finally decommissioned last year and recently sunk in a missile test
I had the good fortune to be Active's gunbuster twice, once as PO, once as a Chief.
Both great drafts but second one was awesome :)

Wightsparker

War Hero
I had the good fortune to be Active's gunbuster twice, once as PO, once as a Chief.

Slight thread deviation; I think HMS Active was another of those ships where it was considered OK to say you served ON her rather than IN......

The alternative was "When I was in Active........"

Dusty70

War Hero
Did you know my once (lost touch) best mate Johnno J****** PO gunner on Ardent when she went down - he was in The Seacat Director when it got hit

Also my cousin Buster B was the PO (CPO)? Gunner on the Alacrity down South

Ballistic

War Hero
Did you know my once (lost touch) best mate Johnno J****** PO gunner on Ardent when she went down - he was in The Seacat Director when it got hit

Also my cousin Buster B was the PO (CPO)? Gunner on the Alacrity down South
No, sorry.
I was a WEA3 during the Falklands war and although I got to know a lot of gunners later in my career with several drafts to HMS Cambridge, those names don't ring a bell.

Latest Threads