The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

Chris P

War Hero
Well me and mrs LBG are waiting patiently for the borders to open - had two flights cancelled last year and we haven’t seen our kids face to face for over 2 years
Doesn't take much to close the borders down here, but then they are trying to keep us all safe, once here you've then got the state borders to negotiate and the state premiers winging about each other because they've done it!
Hotel quarantine seems to have issues too, I'm glad I live in Tassie we have a big moat around us although not as big as the big island!!
Good luck mr and mrs LBG, you'll have to extend your next visit when all this sh1t is sorted. Once you get used to it it's good place to be.:)

Jacobus

War Hero
Doesn't take much to close the borders down here, but then they are trying to keep us all safe, once here you've then got the state borders to negotiate and the state premiers winging about each other because they've done it!
Hotel quarantine seems to have issues too, I'm glad I live in Tassie we have a big moat around us although not as big as the big island!!
Good luck mr and mrs LBG, you'll have to extend your next visit when all this sh1t is sorted. Once you get used to it it's good place to be.:)
It’s a great spot. Just full of [email protected] Ozzie’s. !!

Ballistic

War Hero
183480466_10166040596645377_9072621514850281846_n.jpg

LifebuoyGhost

Lantern Swinger
Thanks CP - daughter has been there for 8 years - now in Melbourne - and we’ve been a few times - were hoping to do NZ as well this time/ next time. Problem seems to be they are both going for zero COVID permanently and unless they stay isolated as now it’s never going to happen - plus they don’t seem to be in any mad rush to actually vaccinate anybody which could solve a few problems

Chris P

War Hero
It's an everchanging scenario with COVID and the government complicated by individual state government rules and regs, but I think most people are happy with the overall handling of things in general although there would appear to have been some blunders along the way.

Melbourne, lived there for 11 years prior to retiring down here - great place, too many people for me now though..