The Random Thread of Bollocks (NSFW)

huwshpis

War Hero
If I read the Vulgate you'd be out of a job, plus wot I wrote is wot it sez in the King James bible innit.
I was just tying this back in to my other comments. Anyway, even if you did read the Vulgate, I wouldn't be out of work, Boris and his ilk are always passing new laws and someone has to try and make sense of them.

BTW, I just like Biblical and Liturgical Latin, and I don't mind reading Koine Greek, either. I haven't started to learn Hebrew yet.

slim

War Hero
I was just tying this back in to my other comments. Anyway, even if you did read the Vulgate, I wouldn't be out of work, Boris and his ilk are always passing new laws and someone has to try and make sense of them.

BTW, I just like Biblical and Liturgical Latin, and I don't mind reading Koine Greek, either. I haven't started to learn Hebrew yet.
Hebrew is easy you just need a few phrases like:
Avoy my son
Never mind the quality feel the width
All of my life I give you feck all and still you want more.

Dredd

War Hero
Super Moderator
Hebrew is easy you just need a few phrases like:
Avoy my son
Never mind the quality feel the width
All of my life I give you feck all and still you want more.

That last one reminds me of one of my favourite bits in the Rocky Horror (Picture) Show -

"We ask for nothing, maaaster."

"And you shall receive it. In a-bundance."

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
You should have joined boats, days on patrol with sod all happening, followed by 20 minutes wishing you'd chosen a different career, followed days with sod all happening.

Plenty of time to read :)

Sumo

War Hero

I like a good brew.

Last edited:

Latest Threads