The RAF

#1
I read with huge amusement today about the origins of the RAF.it was an amalgamation of the RFC and the NAS.And the date of the RAF's birth???



1st of April!!!Now there was someone with a sense of Humour!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we can now say that the RAF is just one big Joke without critisism!!! :wink: :wink:
 
#3
Read the RAF Joke Book? You can buy them at the fleet Air Arm Museum. Inside a glossy cover it is full of empty pages................
 
#8
My parents met in the RAF in the early 50s - both used to tell me lots of tales of what they got up to when young and stupid - probably one of the reasons why I have ended up with an interest in things related to warfare. Never heard them moaning about the other services (I'll ask again when I see him at Christmas). Anyway you'll have to sort out all this rubbish when you are all amalgamated into one service :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#9
golden_rivet said:
My parents met in the RAF in the early 50s - both used to tell me lots of tales of what they got up to when young and stupid - probably one of the reasons why I have ended up with an interest in things related to warfare. Never heard them moaning about the other services (I'll ask again when I see him at Christmas). Anyway you'll have to sort out all this rubbish when you are all amalgamated into one service :lol: :lol: :lol:
Obviously they had plenty of time to go courting because the Crabs (sorry, Civil Servants in Uniform) don't work weekends!! :lol:
 
#12
FlagWagger said:
Jimmy_Green said:
RAF - Risk Assessment Force
I always thought that the "A" stood for Averse rather than Assessment.
That's probably true as well.

Mind you, I can see a time when the crabs'll get binned totally.
Get the army pilots to do all the troop transport and the logistics side of life and attack helicopters, and any strike aircraft can be flown from carriers. The navy can still fulfill its ASW role and take up the air sea rescue bit as well. No need for crabs and it'll save a shit load of dosh.
 
#14
andym said:
I read with huge amusement today about the origins of the RAF.it was an amalgamation of the RFC and the NAS.And the date of the RAF's birth???



1st of April!!!Now there was someone with a sense of Humour!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

So we can now say that the RAF is just one big Joke without critisism!!! :wink: :wink:
I didn't know that! :lol:
 

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#15
Jimmy_Green said:
That's probably true as well.

Mind you, I can see a time when the crabs'll get binned totally.
Get the army pilots to do all the troop transport and the logistics side of life and attack helicopters, and any strike aircraft can be flown from carriers. The navy can still fulfill its ASW role and take up the air sea rescue bit as well. No need for crabs and it'll save a shit load of dosh.
Huh, that's a joke! The ASW threat is negligible, and the RN only uses the 'ASW role' ticket to justify it's existence. There's not enough justification to scrap the flight wing of the the Armed Forces; if we got rid of the RAF who would we sling sh!t at then?! 8O :cry:
 
#16
I think that the RAF have got it spot on. After all theyre the only ones that send their officers (mainly) to the fighting.
 

Top