The process

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Joshdavies123, Apr 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,
    New on here an interested in a career in the navy submarine mainly. I wanted to new if anyone could explain the whole process to me please? Also I'm leaving the TA after a year I did nothing with though due to work commitments and not really enjoying it will this affect my application.

2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

I know that the Fleet has shrunk but I think that they still have more than one.

Look at the Newbies thread
  3. Josh

The principal elements of an application to join the Royal Navy as a Rating are the RT (a multiple choice test to identify your aptitudes), a medical, a fitness test (treadmill), an interview and the PRNC, a short residential course which candidates have to pass to confirm their places at HMS Raleigh.

Re the fact that you are in the TA, this will affect your application to an extent in the sense that some of your paperwork will have to be retrieved from Kentigern House and this can take a while.

As you are in the TA, I would suggest that you drop in to see one of the RN Careers Advisors at your local AFCO.

Careers Offices | Royal Navy
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Better still go to the recruiting office and ask there - it's what they do for a living and you wouldn't deny anyone a hard earned crust would you?

Nor do they don't bash you over the head any more and you will walk out more knowledgable than you walked in!