The Philadelphia Experiment

Discussion in 'Social & Reunions' started by hobbit, Sep 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mentioned in another thread the Philadelphia Experiment remains a source of thought and wonder. Given the propensity of America to create mythtery and fictionalise our world was there ever any truth in this claim or is it another Hollywood production. Likewise, the Moon landing continues to be an area of doubt as once again this could be a Tinsel Town product.

:D :D :D

2. This experiment did happen , I was part of the ships crew and can confirm this ????

3. Blimey, you mean you went missing and then landed on the moon.

Amazing stuff. :)

4. No he means that he served on a ship that pretended to be on water. It's the future of the navy lads - a fleet of small stone frigates circumnavigating our coast whilst using computer simulation to give the idea to the public that we still have a navy that floats on the oggin! :lol:

5. Well since the public couldn't give a toss about the Navy as long as they get their diet of Tricia and Corrie on a regular basis, this whole "stone frigate" project is surplus to requirements, a complete waste of taxpayer's money and Jack's time.

It'll probably be at the Ministerial Approval level by now...

6. Perce the philadelphia experiment? you were part of it? how old are you?

7. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

So the upgrade to the Fleetwork Trainer at MWS has happened then? The last time I was in there, I could clearly see some of Pompey's landmarks like Victory, Warrior, Spice Island Inn, Still & West :)

8. Perce if youve anything to say to me, say it in the open, dont e mail me , ********.

9. The Philadephia Experiment, aka Project Rainbow :roll: , never happened. The supposed witness, one Carlos Allende, who was a merchant sailor aboard the SS Andrew Furuseth, has been pretty well discredited by anyone who has done serious research into his claims. The biggest discrepency was that his ship and the Eldridge were no where near each other when the supposed teleportation took place. As I mentioned in the other post, the most likely connection to the "disappearing ship" story was the degaussing gear, which would make it "invisible" to magnetic mines. It took on a life of its own, so to speak.
    And I had the year wrong, it was 1943, not 1945.

Of course, this post could be an ingenious attempt to further fictionalise our world, and rewrite history 8)

10. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Sorry BY, it happened, I've seen the film, in colour (sic) and American made, so therefore it must be true :lol:

11. :D :D :D[/quote]

The Philadephia Experiment, aka Project Rainbow :roll: , never happened. The supposed witness, one Carlos Allende, who was a merchant sailor aboard the SS Andrew Furuseth, has been pretty well discredited by anyone who has done serious research into his claims. The biggest discrepency was that his ship and the Eldridge were no where near each other when the supposed teleportation took place. As I mentioned in the other post, the most likely connection to the "disappearing ship" story was the degaussing gear, which would make it "invisible" to magnetic mines. It took on a life of its own, so to speak.
    And I had the year wrong, it was 1943, not 1945.

Of course, this post could be an ingenious attempt to further fictionalise our world, and rewrite history 8)[/quote]

Thanks BY. Yes , that claim ( PE ) was too much for anyone to cope with I reckon. At the time, 1943?, great scare tactics maybe. What's the verdict on the moon landing? Apparently another questionable achievement from what I read and admit I too share the doubt. I suppose this is the outcome from years of tampering with the truth, the cry wolf syndrome maybe. Anyway it makes interesting press and provides material for some good TV shows and movies.Difficult to know what to believe nowadays though

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Oh yes it did happen.

John F Kennedy told me, at the cheese counter in Sainsburys last Tuesday. And if you are ever in the vicinity of the New Forest, keep your eye out for Elvis taking Shergar for a trot.

By the way, I've just joined. But the UPO seems to have not been expecting me :roll:

13. I though the Philadelphia experiment was a Top Secret series of tests about whether you could turn US Presidents' brains into a creamy soft cheese. My CIA sources at Area 51 tell me that after 60 years of trying, they finally succeeded 2 years ago....

14. You must be mistaken.
    JFK was assainated by the illegitimate love child of J Edgar Hoover, because he was going to release secret video to the American public that showed USAF chief of staff, Gen Curtis LeMay getting his back doors kicked in by the Roswell aliens on the Burbank sound stage where the Apollo moon landings were faked.

15. You idiot. Those wern't Roswell Aliens. Those were an army of cloned Shergars sent back in time...

Honestly, some people don't know anything :roll:

16. There are a lot of sceptics on this thread, how can you possibly doubt the Americans, if, in WWII (thats WW2 not WWEleven) they had not captured the Enigma machine from the germans, who knows how the war would have ended, this has been well documented by Hollywood.

17. I didn't even know it was a true thing! I just thought it was a story. How thick am I eh?

18. Apparently big lumps of metal can actually float on water. I heard someone say they're called ships. Britain hasn't got any.

19. ROTHLMAO!