the perfect bacon buttie?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by brazenhussy, Feb 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Heinz

2. Daddies

0 vote(s)
  3. Neither

0 vote(s)
  4. Either/Other

0 vote(s)
  1. So - is it with ketchup, or brown sauce??

I made one this morning, bacon was nice - put a few slices of cheese on it then a dollop of Heinz ketchup - - - - - was told in not so many words that was sacrilege and should have been Daddies Brown sauce........................
  2. The only things that go with a bacon butty are egg or sausage or better still both, and on that note I hear the frying pan calling as I have suddenly become hungry.
  3. Both ketchup (Heinz) and brown sauce (HP) at the same time!!
  4. For me, it has to be Ketchup on bacon buttie's and brown sauce on Sausage buttie's.
    That's how my Mum and Nan used to serve them up............. :oops: :wink: :lol:
  5. Got to agree with TattooDog on this one, both is best! :smile:
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

feck me brazen...make me one, brown sauce please
  7. Brown sauce on bacon, sausage, chip or butter butties! :smile:
  8. Just good bacon in a fresh roll, nothing else needed.
  9. YUMMY, I want a couple of those please, with a sunday newspaper and just listening to the radio, I dont mind either with Daddies or Ketchup. :grin:
  10. The bread used has to be a real doorstopper though!
  11. English Mustard is my preference, bacon crispy.
  12. Quick Lingy down to Foodland at the rush :smile:
    Do the nice ladies still eat there after the Plaza closes? :oops:
  13. Has to be Daddies unless you can get your hands on some Hammonds Yorkshire Relish!
  14. Jeez huss, bit stingy with the bacon there! :D

I prefer it as is, just with nice bread (not that pre-sliced crap) or roll and proper butter on.
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Looked at the picture sideways and it reminded me of the bomb bay doors on a 'Niairobi hairdresser' I met at Bora Bora in Mombers! The only thing missing is the mayonaise dribbling out the side... :twisted:
  16. What are those thin, white things either side of the bacon? I hope your not trying to hookwink people into believing that it's bread! :shock: More like slivers of emulsion! :lol:
  17. Daddies Brown all the way. Used to be HP 'til the selling out of the company faff, now i buy Daddies. Red should never, ever, ever, ever, ever go on bacon sandwiches.
  18. There can be only ONE -----Daddies !!

19. I am STARVING NOW!!!!!!!!, Right who's for a BACON BUTTIE, with thick bread, fryed egg and some Daddies over it.
  20. Meeee! Stick some fried mushies on too, would ya?