The Passing of WO2 Ted Kelland RM

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by In_my_day, Sep 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some may already know this but I have just found out. RIP the Corps Bully, a true character.

I have lifted the following from Once a Marine. http://civviestreet.proboards19.com/index.cgi?board=Obituaries&action=display&thread=14959

IMD

Gents,

I have the very sad duty of informing you all that Ted Kelland has tragically crossed the bar.

He passed away suddenly at the Royal Glanmorgan Hospital last tuesday 26th Aug 08.

He was suffering from cancer and appeared to be beating it (like the fighter he always was)....but he succumbed to the illness.

I have been told this devastating news by a new member to the site Carl 'Dutchy' Holland who will put out further details of Ted's funeral, timings place etc.

I have also been asked that if any of you guys have photo's & dits about this outstanding Corps character then please pass them on to Carl when more detail is known.

Sincere condolences go out to Ted's family, mates & oppo's.

RIP Ted Kelland & thanks for making so many of us proud to be a Bootneck.

God bless.

Bob.

2. RIP Ted,They were good days and shaped every one of us.See you there.

Arwyn(Taff) Rees (PTI ret)

3. RIP Sir.

4. Sorry to hear the news the corps bully is no more rest in peace Royal

5. Ted was an old athletics friend of ours during his years at Lympstone. We were saddened to hear the news of his passing. Can anyone please tell us where his is resting now so that we can pay our respects?
    Thanks

6. I think the best bet is to ask on Once a Marine.

IMD