Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

The Pacific

JonniV

Just finished watching the first two episodes. Was wondering if anyone else is watching it and what the thoughts are on it...

I'm loving it so far. The script is good - kinda a slow burner compared to Band of Brothers but I'm thinking it'll develop nicely over the coming weeks!

:D

I don't have Sky so i'll have to wait for the DVD box set. Band of Brothers was one of the most realistic depictations of war i have seen on the screen. If this is anything like it, it's going to be a winner.

Gyreenes hitting the beach, flamethrowers into bunkers then Japs running around in flames, followed by a Lucky Strike or ten as I developed my 1,000 Yard stare, it's what I joined the Corps for.
Bring it on, starts on 12 April on TV1 (NZ's BBC1) in prime time, just a week after the end of a full rerun of BoB, the wife is lovin' Monday night's!!

Not. :D

There was a lot of night fighting last night - and whilst I am sure there was a lot of it in reality, and that the adaption accurately depicts the horror and confusion of real war, it was so dark I had no idea what was going on. Perhaps that was the point though.

Blackrat - if you know where to look this will be uploaded to file sharing websites shortly have no fear. If you want to know where to you let me know and I will point you in the right direction.

As my dad just got rid of sky movies, i too will be awaiting the DVD box set. And exactly what blackrat said, its made by HBO, maker of the Band Of Brothers. So it should make excellent viewing. I personally dont want to ruin it for myself by trying to watch it on my laptop, so ill wait out! :D

JonniV said:
Just finished watching the first two episodes. Was wondering if anyone else is watching it and what the thoughts are on it...

I'm loving it so far. The script is good - kinda a slow burner compared to Band of Brothers but I'm thinking it'll develop nicely over the coming weeks!

I don't need TV when I can sit here and stare at your avatar.

aljh said:
JonniV said:

I don't need TV when I can sit here and stare at your avatar.

Ive been waiting for someone to comment on that :lol:

Latest Threads