The Orlando Massacre

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by fishhead, Jun 14, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I won't post a link as I think almost everyone will be aware of the outcome.
    What cannot be agreed ,it seems, is why the perpetrator did the awful deed. I listened to the Jeremy Vine show on BBC Radio 2 and was treated to people trying to claim ownership of victimhood. One side wanted to see it as the acts of an Islamic Terrorist while others were sure it was nothing but an attack on the LBGT community.
    Now both sides of the argument have a case but for goodness sake at the end of the day 49 people have been murdered in cold blood and arguing over motive is surely for another day when the dust has settled and ALL the facts are known.
    Just one final thought, while everyone ponders why it was that particular club that was targeted then the answer is simple. The gunman was a regular visitor and therefor no-one took a blind bit of notice when he showed up once again.

2. I do find disgusting that lefties and LGBT people are trying to defend Islam and saying "he was a just a bigot this has nothing to do with Islam" or just few months ago the Gay times U.K saying there's no homophobia in Islam.

Abu Dawud (4448) - "If a man who is not married is seized committing sodomy, he will be stoned to death"

Quran (26:165-166) - "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing"

Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction. (Inexplicably, the story is also repeated in suras 15:74, 27:58 and 29:40).

So yeah there's no homophobia in Islamic text like Leviticus 20:13 is not saying it's alright kill gays but you're right every time something like this happens people will use the bodies has a political football. I hope the LGBT community and the left wing will finally admit Islamic terrorism and homophobia is justified in the Quran like with any other religious text.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  3. ******* shit gun laws killed them. That's what.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I have not seen Trump yet trying to ban Islam in America, to gain more points for the White house job?

When do you think they will ban guns?

5. When they rewrite their Second Amendment... Never.

6. Given that there are tens of millions of guns already in circulation in the USA, trying a ban them is going to prove almost impossible, especially if one considers that as soon as the idea is mooted, tens of millions of more guns will be purchased before it becomes law.
    As it points out on Facebook:
    The UK has had 7 shooting massacres since 1849,
    America has had 7 since MONDAY!

7. Never will happen speaking to various yanks on the internet and talking on the T.V, they think if tighter guns controls are put in place somehow America will turn to the USSR or Nazi Germany. If the bodies pile up higher than the Empire state building it won't stop their crazy obsession with the second amendment.

The guns and explosives used in the November Paris attacks were smuggled in. My point is if all guns are banned they would have been an attack same with "if we leave the E.U we be safer from terrorists". A closed border or gun ban will not stop a nutjob carrying out an attack. They're not going to spend weeks planning an attack then suddenly stop because they don't have British passports or they have to buy weapons from the black market.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    • Braindead Braindead x 1
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Adjusted for population, there are plenty of jurisdictions not at war, where more more people are shot dead than in the US. Jamaica is one of them.

I've posted a link before, here or on ARSSE.

The BLTG community in Jamaica keep their heads down, the rest of the population are not known for rubbing along.

I've yet to hear Jamaica criticised for being not very nice.

9. You are forgetting the Yardie Gangs in London.

10. Jamaica are not very nice.

#Justsaying

11. Jamaica is a total shithole. It doesn't need to be said, everyone knows.

12. My wife went to the West Indies you know.

13. No, she went of her own accord!

14. We've all seen Escape From Colditz.

15. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

'Gooooddd evening...... friends.............':D

16. http://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

17. Switzerland looks dodgy.

http://crimeresearch.org/2015/06/co...m-mass-public-shootings-in-the-us-and-europe/

18. Looking at it from a devil's advocate perspective, surely it depends on just who is being killed? No, I don't mean gay or straight; men, women or children, more are we looking at crooks killing crooks? If so, not to many tears are going to be shed surely, but if it's innocent bystanders being killed, surely that is far more dreadful?
    Take the EU as an example, if all the politicians therein were shot, the EU would almost overnight become a fantastic place to live surely?