Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The one question i forgot to ask the AFCO!

EdinburghGuy

Midshipman
Is is possible to still apply as an Information systems Engineer is you do not have a degree but 540 ucas points including English and Maths? Just as a back up plan if my final degree exams go badly.

EdinburghGuy

Midshipman
Borrowed from another post "Fail to plan is planning to fail". I am just making sure all my bases are covered. I've had enough of University life for the moment. Plus now that i think of it, not a great question to ask the AFCO as it does not show me in the best light. Still though thanks and I am even learning some Jack speak but not having any previous naval experience all the abbreviations are a bit confusing. :?

alacrity174

War Hero
Slim

He will only make a RN Officer if he manages to get all his "Stuff" in one sock.

FFS Sir, get a grip, compose your thoughts, ask pertinant questions and do the job right first time.

EdinburghGuy said:
Plus now that i think of it, not a great question to ask the AFCO as it does not show me in the best light.

I assume you are going through the Edinburgh AFCO? (I'm jumping to a sensible conclusion here). If so, I've found them to be very helpful and I've phoned up a number of times in the past with what probably were very bone questions.

Ok, they probably had a good laugh when they put the phone down after, but overall I asked my questions and I got my answers.

soleil

War Hero
EG

For that role you need to have a first degree in an IT based subject.

Which abbreviations would you like clarified?

EdinburghGuy

Midshipman
Thanks. Now i Know exactly what i have to do! There are loads but I need to get cracking with some uni work. Thanks for all the advice again.

EdinburghGuy

Midshipman
Sorry you must have caught the pre-edited version. I realised I had forgotten the 1st rule of posting questions I had not put the question into google first. I thought before i googled it that a first was a 1-1 in an Honors degree. silly me. Thanks for the answer though.

Scottycelticman

Midshipman
watch_the_birdie said:
EdinburghGuy said:
Plus now that i think of it, not a great question to ask the AFCO as it does not show me in the best light.

I assume you are going through the Edinburgh AFCO? (I'm jumping to a sensible conclusion here). If so, I've found them to be very helpful and I've phoned up a number of times in the past with what probably were very bone questions.

Ok, they probably had a good laugh when they put the phone down after, but overall I asked my questions and I got my answers.

yeah, agree with u there mate, the guys up there are pretty helpful :

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Psychometric test simple question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
D Medals Question Blogs 4
A Question for the Naval Engineers Submariners 2
D Sorry for an eyesight question Joining the Royal Navy 31
P Dumb Question too scared to ask the CPO Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 15
H Engineering Officer question RFA 6
P Question for HM officers and those with an in-service degree Joining the Royal Navy 3
U Quick question about paying off foreign RFA 2
MoD_RSS Parliament approves veterans question in next Census MoD News 0
F Question about NSRT Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
H Chef question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Medical question regarding an allergic reaction (sorry) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
L Just a question regarding the initial officer interview Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Public given power to question ‘lenient’ prison sentences MoD News 0
J pre-joining question regarding medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
MoD_RSS Turkey military action in Syria: Urgent Question opening statement MoD News 0
S Comms apprentice training question RFA 1
MoD_RSS UN Human Rights Council 42 - General Comment on the Question of the Death Penalty MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Rootstech London 2019 MoD News 0
A Question regarding pre-joining medical Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
R Question about Qualifications from Ireland Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Ask a silly question… MoD News 0
R Bit of an unusual question The Fleet 27
R Royal Marines BMI/weight question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
Kiwi33 Re Join question. Failed Diver trying something different. Joining the Royal Navy 2
Max9393 Tattoo question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
SnowGoose Intake question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
P Question: CD/ESD/UD/LD/TD in RNVR service Nos. History 4
LeedsBornLeedsBred Question regarding 4K squad run at PRNC. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
U Question about paperwork to bring to Raleigh RFA 5
Maxpowers FAC and Shotgun cert holder question. Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
S Question about medical test for navy rating recruits Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
W RFA medical question RFA 2
T Intriguing Forces Question Diamond Lil's 18
Q Medical Record Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
U Interview soon, question about facial hair RFA 9
NotNickCarter Edinburgh Tattoo (2018) a question Current Affairs 3
Edward-t Question about eye surgery Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
S Question to any current/ex divers - Best ways to equalise? Joining the Royal Navy 4
S Question about allowances The Gash Barge 9
J GS or Boats. Newbie question from an older guy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS News story: Your chance to question Ministry of Defence medals and records experts at Family History Shows MoD News 0
R Question regarding medical and headaches Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
John25 WW1 Medal Question History 6
D Question on nationality Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 53
R Phase 2 question Joining the Royal Navy 33
C Question regarding UGAS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S "Accepted equivalents" RN Officer Question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
T Medical question Joining the Royal Navy 4