The one question i forgot to ask the AFCO!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by EdinburghGuy, Apr 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is is possible to still apply as an Information systems Engineer is you do not have a degree but 540 ucas points including English and Maths? Just as a back up plan if my final degree exams go badly.

2. You are going to be a Naval Occifer. Stop those negative thoughts :p

3. Borrowed from another post "Fail to plan is planning to fail". I am just making sure all my bases are covered. I've had enough of University life for the moment. Plus now that i think of it, not a great question to ask the AFCO as it does not show me in the best light. Still though thanks and I am even learning some Jack speak but not having any previous naval experience all the abbreviations are a bit confusing. :?

4. Slim

He will only make a RN Officer if he manages to get all his "Stuff" in one sock.

FFS Sir, get a grip, compose your thoughts, ask pertinant questions and do the job right first time.

5. I assume you are going through the Edinburgh AFCO? (I'm jumping to a sensible conclusion here). If so, I've found them to be very helpful and I've phoned up a number of times in the past with what probably were very bone questions.

Ok, they probably had a good laugh when they put the phone down after, but overall I asked my questions and I got my answers.

6. So why are you asking the same questions on here?

7. EG

For that role you need to have a first degree in an IT based subject.

Which abbreviations would you like clarified?

8. Thanks. Now i Know exactly what i have to do! There are loads but I need to get cracking with some uni work. Thanks for all the advice again.

9. Undergraduate as opposed to postgraduate i.e. a BSc/BEng etc.

10. Sorry you must have caught the pre-edited version. I realised I had forgotten the 1st rule of posting questions I had not put the question into google first. I thought before i googled it that a first was a 1-1 in an Honors degree. silly me. Thanks for the answer though.

11. yeah, agree with u there mate, the guys up there are pretty helpful :