The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the RNR

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by soleil, Jun 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

bump

2. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

bump

3. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

Whats all this f*ckin' "Bump" business???

4. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

If a thread is, say, about something on a specific day and you wish to move that thread back towards the top as a reminder, but not write anything substantial, you can just type "bump" and send it back up. It's quite a common internet practice.

5. Soleil loves bumping

6. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

"Question 5. Michael Beswick: I'm interested in joining the royal navy, However in reason i'm just wondering what experience you need to apply for jobs in the navy?. Regards

13:25

Charlotte Furness-Smith: in response to Question 5.

I'm interested in joining the royal navy, However in reason i'm just wondering what experience you need to apply for jobs in the navy?. Regards

Hi Michael,

You don't need any experience to join the Royal Navy. If you have 180 or more UCAS points you can apply to join as an Officer. If you don't have the aforementioned qualifications[b] then you can still apply as a Rating.[/b] Either way the RN will provide the training and skill set necessary for your chosen role before you go to sea."

fascinating

7. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

Having a bad day?
    As a means to get recruits in, surely it can only be a good thing to branch out online? Would you rather answer the questions instead?

8. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

my cynicism stems from the timbre of the response, i.e. you can still join even if you aren't good ? enough to be a rupert. how refreshing.

PS i am having a fecking great day TVM. :p

9. I think she meant academically good enough. It's got nothing to do with character. But I accept it has to be worded carefully.

10. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

I think you're discecting her response too much. While I've only met the young lady briefly on a couple of training weekends I'm sure she didn't mean anything like that.

11. Re: The next RN Live Chat (08/07 1700-1900) focuses on the R

:lol: :lol: Wont be getting involved in the chat :wink: :wink: TVM . That Charlotte Funnel bird, seems to know her stuff?????? must have a wealth of sea/time and experience :roll: :roll: :roll:

12. Charlotte Furness-Smith, known as ‘Buffy’ to her friends,

Buffy the Matloe Layer?

When I got the call to mobilise for a tour of duty, I was teaching Maths in a Secondary School.

A tour of duty?! What are we, septics?!

Question 50. lee: do u haft to take a test to get in the navy?

Yeah, literacy would come in handy. Dumbass.

Wow, reading that transcript, I've lost 10 minutes of my life that I'm never gonna get back..