The next bit

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Lynds, Jun 19, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So my son found out last week he had passed his medical after being made tmu back in Feb! He has his fitness booked for Wednesday and is currently running the 1.5 at 10 mins 30, then it's security clearance, I was just wondering what this entails and how he can be best prepared to avoid long waits, he is 16
    Many thanks

2. I'm still waiting for my follow up medical, my 1st was in April. I was advised to start security clearance back in April straight after I passed interview.
    Your son will need details of Mother and fathers DOB, place of birth, any other surnames used and also any partners of parents details even if they haven't re-married which I was surprised about.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Once he successfully completes his PJFT, unless applying for RM, Nurse, Aircrewman, or Diver, an entry date will be requested pending Security Clearance being gained.

Security Clearance involves background checks which include police checks and finance checks.

4. He has applied for aircraft handler, he is aware there is a 1-2 year wait for this so is going to college next year, he has never had any contact with police and no financial history so I'm hoping this will be an easy fast process

5. Ninja_Stoker

It should be pretty routine. I wouldn't dwell on it too much.

There is about a 20 month wait for NA(AH) from test to entry, so he'll probably here very little until about 6-9 months before entry.

6. Thankyou for your replies, he was told about the wait at his recruitment tests and was prepared to wait for as long as it takes for his chosen role, just knowing that everything is completed and passed is all he wants right now but at the same time can't wait to get started

• Like Like x 1
  7. Fitness passed today 10 mins 30 so just security clearance then we're done! Massive sigh of relief

• Like Like x 2
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Excellent news.

It's worth bearing in mind, if joining as an NA(AH), the pre joining fitness test, medical and security clearance has 12 months validity and must be "in date" upon the day of entry into the service. The PJFT must also have been passed within 6 months of the PRNC.